Crittenden and tibbals 44 henry 60 round box

This CTM box sold for $10,000+ after I got tired of bidding some months ago. It was advertised as a 60 round box and it does contain 60 original CTM 44 Henries. However, these boxes are 50 round boxes and came full of wood shavings as packing. Some distant time and past someone had 2 boxes of these. Packed this way they fit 60 rounds just fine. THERE ARE NO 60 ROUND BOXES OF CTM HENRY 44S.

The contents as singles are only worth about $1500 BUT it is the best condition box of this type known and I got carried away with the auction action(always a mistake).

Super cool and rare. Nothing like historic family made ammo! $10,000 WOW! I have seen Western movies were a cowboy had a long range, heavy caliber rifle they called a “henry”. Is this the ammo it shot?

These were unCivil War era shells but the Henry rifle kept spitting them out in rimfire and centerfire versions for many years. It was a cowboy and cavalry favorite indeed.

The Henry repeating rifle was the father of the famous Winchester lever action all American rifle.

Cool! I love when I am able to connect the dots :-) I thought their may be a correlation between the cowboy gun in the Westerns and the bullets. By the way, what was the main caliber of the 1st Winchester lever actions? I always love the looks and design of lever action rifles. I was given a Marlin lever action by my late Uncle and it fires a 35 Remington bullet. GOBS of kickback and sore shoulders. I was always amazed how the Native Americans could fire these guns so well while riding a horse.

The 44 Henry was the first " Winchester" level action rifle.

Ahhhh Hahhh! Thanks so much!

A fine Brady photograph currently in the AMERICAN RIFLEMAN. These fellows would have CTM .44 Henry ammo in their boxes.

This unit of “mounted infantry” was armed with the “16 shooter” HENRY rifle and used it to great advantage in the battle of Allatoonna Pass and elsewhere.

From the official history: "One of the reasons that the Union forces in the Rowett

Awesome picture and historical story! Thanks CSA, I really liked reading that.