Czech 7.62x45mm VZ 50 label

Yesterday I picked up some worldwide 7.9mm Mauser boxes. I was surprised by one of the boxes which I had thought was Czech 7.9mm although I didn’t recognize the Z 50 designation. They turn out to be 7.62x45mm packed in a 7.9mm box with a cardboard spacer in the bottom to use up the extra space.

What is the difference between the VZ 50 and the VZ 52 loadings? The box appears to be a repack and contains several different headstamps but some seem to be correct. The label refers to bxn 2/52.

Can anyone tell me what the red overstamp “PROZATIMNI BALENI” translates to?

Phil,
My Vz-50 has a brass case while my Vz-52’s have the more common lacquered steel. My guess is that’s the only difference.

PROZATIMNI BALENI is translated as INTERIM PACKAGE by the auto-translator, I guess it means a temporary package.

sksvlad and Jim

Thanks a lot for the input.

Phil

Phil,

they also used up (new and unused) WWII 8x33 boxes as PROZATIMNI BALENI. When you open the box you would not look at tips and heads, but look at ctg sides.

Hans

[quote=“Hans”]Phil,

they also used up (new and unused) WWII 8x33 boxes as PROZATIMNI BALENI. When you open the box you would not look at tips and heads, but look at ctg sides.

Hans[/quote]

Hans and Phil
I add pictures from the label and the content 7,62x45 in the( 8x33) box.The German(8x33) box has the code ggk (Aktiengesellschaft für Kartonage-Industrie,Werk Dresden) and was used post war IIlike the 8x57 boxes by the Czech.

Norbert Berg
I am always looking for 7.92x33 ammo and information for my book about the development and production of the 7.9 kurz Pistolenpatrone 43 m.E.

Norbert, Phil will not read your lines anymore as he sadly passed away some time ago.

Only yesterday I was turning through my notebook and came across Phil’s address, I thought then how I miss his sage advice, always so freely given.

Peter