Czech PG-15 Rocket

Just wondering if anyone has ever seen one of these or knows any history about them:

The training round you have photographed or the system itself?

Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.

This one is for the 2A28 gun of the BMP-1 (czech copy BVP-1) and BMD-1 and all other vehicles using this low recoil gun.

These dummy rounds are traded overe here in Europe in complete boxes.

Try this for the round:

maic.jmu.edu/ordata/srdetaildesc.asp?ordid=735

maic.jmu.edu/ordata/srdetaildesc.asp?ordid=736

Try this for vehicles:

members.aol.com/panzersgt/Threat/bmp1.html

historyofwar.org/articles/weapons_bmp1.html

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMP-1

If anyone is interested I just received a surplus catalog where this very round is for sale. The Sportsman’s Guide HQ pg 35 cost $129.97 inert. Vic

I love that Catalog Vic :-) I saw that inert rocket their also. I see them on EBAY now then too. They are really neat rockets. I have a very similar one that is all black with white stenciling. I always thought it was Russian made but EOD explained that this round is made and used by numerous countries. I forgot what country mine was, possibly Hungarian or also Czech? I should have written it down. I’ll look for a pic. The red ones are usualy in almost mint condition.

Jason

similar black rocket

Jason, it is Hungarian :)

Thanks so much (Again)! I am going to write it down this time :-)

Jason

I think, that is Bulgarian made and had been repainted by Hungary :)

Vince, yes might be, we would need to examine it very close for a better assessment.

[quote=“EOD”]This one is for the 2A28 gun of the BMP-1 (czech copy BVP-1) and BMD-1 and all other vehicles using this low recoil gun.

These dummy rounds are traded overe here in Europe in complete boxes.

Try this for the round:

maic.jmu.edu/ordata/srdetaildesc.asp?ordid=735

maic.jmu.edu/ordata/srdetaildesc.asp?ordid=736

Try this for vehicles:

members.aol.com/panzersgt/Threat/bmp1.html

historyofwar.org/articles/weapons_bmp1.html

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMP-1[/quote]

Thanks!

As far as i know we have never produced such rockets, and there is factory code 11 painted on it

Is there a factory code 11 in Bulgaria? I associate that code with either Serbia (Yugoslavia) or Communist China.

If there is a code 11 in Bulgaria, does anyone know the name of the factory?
Kazanlak uses “10” for a code.

As far as i know we have never produced such rockets, and there is factory code 11 painted on it[/quote]

Then I agree with you Vince.

Should I look for a “11” somewhere? Is it stamped? I’ll try and find it.

Jason

[quote=“JohnMoss”]Is there a factory code 11 in Bulgaria? I associate that code with either Serbia (Yugoslavia) or Communist China.

If there is a code 11 in Bulgaria, does anyone know the name of the factory?
Kazanlak uses “10” for a code.[/quote]

John, the Warsaw Pact system did not distribute codes centrally and noone watched the codes to be issued only once. So every counry started with factory “1” and continued as it became necessary. As we all know by accident some numbers ended up on the same type of business, in our case ammunition plants. For this reason several codes are associated with more than one country.
So “3” in USSR and Albania made ammo, in Hungqary they probably made trucks, plastic parts or clothing.
“11” in Bulgaria (VMZ, Sopot) is making rockets and all sort of other large ammunition.
The one or the other may have noticed that several countries use frames around the codes (when space allowed - not necessarily on SAA head stamps, there only Poland did to my knowledge).
Bulagria has a double circle, USSR a single circle, Poland an oval, etc. etc. This to my knowledge was a national identifyer. Probably due to id issues.
So do not wonder if you come across any code on any type of ammo or related items because the code is only a factory code inside one country not within the former Warsaw Pact.

[quote=“APFSDS”]Should I look for a “11” somewhere? Is it stamped? I’ll try and find it.

Jason[/quote]

If I understood right the “11” should be painted on the original olive drab paint job which was repainted to black later in Hungary. I do not remember that I have seen them being stencilled into the metal.

Here an example on a PG-7 factory made inert trainig aid:

Thanks so much! I definitely do not see that anywhere. Probably painted over like you said by Hungry. Amazing how much I have learned from you guys.

Jason

HI! Im new to this forum, so this is my first posting.

Does anyone actually have an inert version of this- either the Czech PG-15 or other? I design paper models, available free on the web, and am currently trying to design/build a paper/cardstock version of one of these. If anyone has an actual one, I could really use some measurement specs. Please? :)

TY in advance!

AX’E