D. W. & M. K. headstamps

I was looking at some 7.63 Mauser, 9 mm Mauser and 7.65 Mannlicher Model 1901/05 boxes during a reorganization of my box collection, and reacquainting myself with the circular red and white lid-sealing labels. Since they say “D. W. & M. K.” and since I have never seen a headstamp using the ampersand or the words “and” or “unt” (I have seen the initials as “D.W. u. M. K.”) I wondered if this appears as an actual headstamp marking on any pistol or revolver cartridges. I know it has appeared, although apparently rarely, as the headstamp initials (D. W. u. M.) on sporting rifle rounds, although I don’t know the calibers as they are out of my field of interest.

Can anyone confirm, positively or negatively, that this particular form of DWM has appeared on any pistol or revolver cartridge. I don’t have any in my collection of auto pistol rounds, and the contents of the boxes I have seen with D.W. u. M. stickers on them have contained cartridges either with " * D.M. * K. or K DWM K (and case number) as the headstamps.

Pictures of any headstamp, regardless of caliber or case type, even Rifle cartridges, would be appreciated.

John Moss

John, even as a rifle cartridge these are scarce and are in the format below (no dots) below:

The only calibers I can confirm for sure are the following:

6.5x55
6.5x58R Sauer
8x48R Sauer
8.15x46R (with and without a ‘dot’)

WBD - thanks. That’s the kind of info I wanted. The pictures are great. I would think from its scarcity, and the format, that this was a short-lived intermediate style between the use of the headstamps * D.M. * K and K DWM K (Case number).

Thank you.

John Moss