Dan Nolan

It is with incredible sadness that I must report that fellow IAA Member Dan Nolan, a frequent and important attendee at most of the Chicagoland and St. Louis cartridge shows, among others, has passed away. RIP Brother. I just received the message from his wife, Nori Nolan.

Dan was an Army Veteran of the Viet Nam War, an accomplished student of all things military, and, quite simply, one of the finest Gentlemen I have ever been honored to call “Friend.” He and Nori brightened every show he attended, and visits to the San Diego environ, where he lived, were almost a great pleasure to me, and I am sure anyone else who was privileged to visit with he and Nori.

I simply can not say more right now, other than that he passed from our midst to soon, but everyone who knew him is richer for the experience.

My deepest condolences to Nori, and for Danny, all I can say is Rest in Peace, brother.

John Moss

1 Like

Amen John, very very sad.

1 Like

R.I.P. Dan

One of the three musketeers of Chicagoland/SLICS

Dan Nolan. Paul Smith. Pepper Burruss

Way to soon but if it shortens his pain and suffering. So be the blessing

6mm SAW assault rounds will always be Dan

I have really missed him at recent SLICS.
Very sorry to see him go.

RIP Buddy

I distinctly remember the first time I met Dan (“Dapper Dan” as I would always refer to him given how neat and trim he always was). It was the Chicagoland show in 1995. I was room hopping and noticed another collector with a magnificent notebook. Dan’s handwriting and drawings were beautiful! I commented on the notebook and asked who he was. As Dan had an ad in the Journal that he was looking for assault rifle cartridges, I recognized his name immediately. This is how I met Dan.

I had the pleasure of going to Woodin Lab with Dan twice. The first time going via San Diego and having a great tour of the area. Dan, like myself, was a huge fan on military aircraft. On the second trip to the Lab (with J-F C. also there) we took a day to go to Davis Monthan.

Dan was a true gentleman. As generous and kind of a person you could hope to meet and call a friend.

Pepper is right on - Dan and 6mm SAW go hand-in hand.

My condolences. I am going to San Diego at the end of January, anf I was just about to ask if any collectors live in San Diego.

Very sad news.

A true gentleman of our hobby.

Condolences to Nori.

We shall miss him at St Louis.

Peter & Caroline Cobb.

Could someone please post his picture?

Very last picture…to Pepper’s right. The three to his left are just trying to fit in with the two cool guys.

2 Likes

My condolences to his family and friends!!!

Tom - Jonny C has posted a complete thread with his picture, among some of the other great friends we have in our hobby, I believe from SLICS 2017.

John Moss

1 Like

Sad news indeed. R.I.P.

Zac

My condolences to his family. R.I.P.

Sergio.