The occupation was not complete as the german authorities had a willing and able partner in their danish counterparts. It is not well known outside the country but the foodstuffs alone delivered from Denmark was 10-15% of the needs of germany at the time. We collaborated big time.
Except for a tiny fraction of citizens who would not accept the german exploitation and took action by blowing up railway tracks etc. That activity accelerated in the summer of 43 when the german advances were stopped on several fronts.
Hitler recalled Dr Best, and gave him an ultimatum to bring to the danish government which they promptly rejected and the occupation went to 100% on august 29th.
All military forces were disbanded, quite a few officers went into the resistance.
9mm was used here for the ‘Suomi’ M/41 SMG and the planned buy of FN Hi-powers. The Brownings only came after the war (M/46) but newer swedish made (at Husquarna) suomis were acquired clandestinely 1943-44.
The germans also took over the small arms and ammo of the danish army and navy. Most of it they removed to an unknown place. The arsenal in Copenhagen were of course ordered to make 9mm for the occupiers, 44 pjj and 45 pjj.