Date of catalogue

With the help of the following picture what is the minimum year of this catalogue ?
Thanks
JP

JP

Nothing more than a guess, but based on a couple of very popular cartridges that are NOT shown - 38 Special and 44 Special - I would date it at 1900 or earlier.

But, again, just a guess.

Ray

[quote=“Ray Meketa”]JP

Nothing more than a guess, but based on a couple of very popular cartridges that are NOT shown - 38 Special and 44 Special - I would date it at 1900 or earlier.

But, again, just a guess.

Ray[/quote]
Hi Ray !
Before 1900, I agree
And from the ctges SHOWN ; is it possible to give an earliset date ?
Thanks
JP

The catalog can not be before 1882. The .500 Tranter, while developed about 1870, was, as far as I know, first listed by Kynoch in 1882. Also, the 12mm Gasser appears to be the shorter case Model 1882.

Thanks Ron !

We say : minimum 1882, maximum 1900.
No way to be more accurate ?
(No other ctges shown in the catalogue to help unfortunately !)

JP

JP–Based on the picture shown, I doubt if it can be dated any closer. All the cartridges except the .500 Tranter and the 12mm Gasser were made well before 1882 and all of them were still in production well into the 1920’s or later.

What brand is the catalog? What else is in the catalog besides the cartridges?
Any guns shown?

[quote=“Ron Merchant”]JP–Based on the picture shown, I doubt if it can be dated any closer. All the cartridges except the .500 Tranter and the 12mm Gasser were made well before 1882 and all of them were still in production well into the 1920’s or later.

What brand is the catalog? What else is in the catalog besides the cartridges?
Any guns shown?[/quote]

Hi Ron !
This catalogue is in fact one page.
And no gun.

You are interested by pages of catalogue with guns ??? (or you ask that to date it ?)
If yes, I only have shotgun pages (but a lot !! lol!), mostly the ones available on the French market.
Almost nothing on military guns.
I have also a lot of pages showing reloading tools for shotshells.
JP

JP–No, I have little interest in the guns. I just thought that if the catalog showed any guns that maybe that would help to date the catalog.