Display boards for Ammunition and Stripper Clips

I’ve just had these display boards made for doing public displays of ammunition and stripper clips. Each board is made from 3mm (1/8 inch) acrylic and can be made in any of the standard acrylic colours. The display area is basically the same as an A4 sheet of paper (210 x 297mm). Each board has recesses to hold the ammo or clips in place and these are manufactured using a CNC router.

Stripper clip board was designed to hold 42 7.62NATO stripper clips, but it will also hold Mauser clips, Lee Enfield chargers, 30-06, 6.5 Jap, K98 etc. This one is filled with Canadian 7.62NATO clips on a red acrylic board.

Same design, made in white acrylic and filled with 7.62NATO clips

Loaded with ‘other types of clips’

Also I had this board made to display my 7.62mm Ammo, it’s designed so it can hold rimmed, semi rimmed and rimless rounds from .222 to 8mm. You can use the row letter and number to write a list of the rounds to sit next to the display.

Corrected the thickness of the material

Thanks, those are great display boards. Where are they on sale ?

They aren’t available for general sale, I had them specially made for me by a friend of mine that runs a home based engraving business.

They aren’t cheap, they work out to be:-

Stripper Clip Board or Ammo board WITHOUT LETTERS/NUMBERS a variety of colours available (Clear, White, Red, Yellow, Green, Orange, Blue etc (whatever comes as a standard acrylic colour).
$65 USD ea.

Ammo board WITH letters/numbers that are colour filled (white, yellow, black etc).
$80 USD ea.

‘TITLE PLATE’ eg 7.62 NATO STRIPPER CLIPS sits across three rebates.
$24 USD ea.

All prices are + postage and packaging, but this will be at cost.

Showing the ‘TITLE PLATE’

Nice work Kevin,this are very nice displays, especialy the once with the clips I like. Out of the piont on your 7.62 NATO board row A ctg 6 I have it in my collection listed as an exp. Australian blank but nobody confirm this. Do you have any information on this ctg?
Thanks, Jan

[quote=“Jan”]Nice work Kevin,this are very nice displays, especialy the once with the clips I like. Out of the piont on your 7.62 NATO board row A ctg 6 I have it in my collection listed as an exp. Australian blank but nobody confirm this. Do you have any information on this ctg?
Thanks, Jan[/quote]

I have this blank listed as “experimental German”, which matches the description listed in LeClair’s listings

From LeClair’s list:-
Blank, Plastic, Germany, Experimental: OD green plst; aluminum head case; FN pr; purple PA; 3 stake pr crimp

Whether it is or not… I don’t know?

Just beautiful! Great work! You have skills :-)

Jason

"From LeClair’s list:-
Blank, Plastic, Germany, Experimental: OD green plst; aluminum head case; FN pr; purple PA; 3 stake pr crimp "

Have a almost similar German green blank also but it has a smoother surface and has a bullet ogive similar to the blanks produced in the '80-tis and tip slits of about 10mm. The"Australian exp" as I thought to see on your board has a very rounded tip and no slits at all. I didn’t see before a German blank with this ogive (and have 50+ different plastic blanks) as I din’t see even a single German ctg ball, blank, tracer or whatever with a purple primer annalus at all.
Wishes, Jan

[quote=“Jan”]"From LeClair’s list:-
Blank, Plastic, Germany, Experimental: OD green plst; aluminum head case; FN pr; purple PA; 3 stake pr crimp "

Have a almost similar German green blank also but it has a smoother surface and has a bullet ogive similar to the blanks produced in the '80-tis and tip slits of about 10mm. The"Australian exp" as I thought to see on your board has a very rounded tip and no slits at all. I didn’t see before a German blank with this ogive (and have 50+ different plastic blanks) as I din’t see even a single German ctg ball, blank, tracer or whatever with a purple primer annalus at all.
Wishes, Jan[/quote]

I think the round might be the same as yours, here’s some pics to help confirm. It would be great if it turns out to be an Australian experimental

Round

Tip (rounded, no split lines)

Base (very light stake marks)

Exacly the same round, as I told before have serius doubts as German exp.
I get mine in a collection I take over and it is discribed as a Australian blank exp.
When I see a cartridge like that I try to get confirmation of the information.
WIshes, Jan

Since I’m LeClair, I will say I honestly cannot remember where I got the information that it was German. However, since Davis was Australian, I’m sure he would have pointed out if it was an Australian experimental.

At one point I was quite seriously into 7.62 NATO rounds, so I’ll stand by my description until proven otherwise (probably in the next post…).

[quote=“Cyberwombat”]Since I’m LeClair, I will say I honestly cannot remember where I got the information that it was German. However, since Davis was Australian, I’m sure he would have pointed out if it was an Australian experimental.

At one point I was quite seriously into 7.62 NATO rounds, so I’ll stand by my description until proven otherwise (probably in the next post…).[/quote]

You certainly had a wonderful catalogue and I still use it now to ID rounds, I would love to have an example of all the rounds listed in the 7.62 x 51mm section… maybe one day I might get 1/2 way there :-)

I guess like Jan said, its a round that is up for debate, it would be nice to be able to confirm its origin at some stage.