Display Ideas

I typically collect full boxes, pre-child warning label. If a box interests me that is modern, I don’t mind adding it to the collection. I have some single rounds that I like but not many.
I am quickly running out of room in my display cases and would like to get some ideas from the membership for other display ideas. I, like most collectors, like to have it displayed so it can start up conversations when friends come over
Here is what I have, and appreciate your input for displaying.
Thanks in advance
William

flat drawers for blueprints, are good, here’s a 45-70 drawer, some are empty & some are full & some are just a front of the box
45-70%20drawer .

I put some on a nice looking shelf and the darn thing broke after a while, because of weight, broke a box apart, so point is, be careful.
My other display case is like yours, but is getting packed. I plan on put up some thinner shelves, but tacked onto the wall very well (previous one the part nailed, came off the shelf).

I don’t collect 38 Auto, but that Remington box (blue) is very striking!

I like early DWM / 7.65 and 9mm luger boxes.

Thanks, I want to have glass or plexiglass covers. Less maintenance like dust, etc.
I like DWM also but most of mine are un boxed pieces. Except one.

Are you sure the cartridges belonging to the box. (label)
Each part was made by Genschow Durlach (Ge)

The head stamps should look like;

Aldi throws away these boxes, but one may use them as a display.

Hello Dutch,
No I am not sure.
Sure seems strange someone would change out shells with other all matching headstamps. Not that it matters, this box has been in my possession for 30+ years.
William

his box is dated 1917 - I’d say that its a correct box?

The box label states that all parts were made by Geco. So that would result in a Ge. Makers mark on the head stamp and not DWM. DWM marked cases in that box are odd.

Nice displays! Is that top picture a coffee table? You could build a coffee table with a glass top and place the boxes underneath.

Joel, It is an end table.
Thanks
William

I saw 4 x 7.92x33 boxes with WWII labels in your collection and 3 more.
Please show the labels.I look always for label pics for my book about the development and production of the 7,9 mmKurzpatrone 43.Perhaps you have a box or information about the content of a box I miss until now.

Thanks
Norbert

I really like that yellow Remington 25-20 Mushroom box.

Councidentally, I have a pair of those architects cases with the shallow drawers that Pete shared a photo of if anyone could use them and is close enough to Tallahassee to pick them up. Or, plan to stop by and get them on your trip to Disney World.

Do you have the dimensions on hand? I never realized you were in Tallahassee.

Norbert, I will post pics tomorrow

I pm’d you Tom

Thanks for your help.

I like to get your pictures.

Please tell me also the code of the box maker.ftf or B or lkc and from the stripper clipsand the Hs of the cartridges…

I add some pics from my book.

Norbert Berg

-----Original-Nachricht-----

(Attachment b 7.9 Kurzpatrone Inhaltsverzeichnis.docx is missing)

(Attachment 285.docx is missing)

Norbert, Hope these help on your quest. It looks like the first box with stripper clip is phosphate and I just can’t read it.

GuyHildebrand,
Here is pic of mushroom. I wish I lived close to you for your filing cabinets. Just can’t find that around here. Checked price for new + ship and can’t swing that.
Regards to all
William

It’s hard to believe that this gorgeous yellow box could have been made by the same company that ended up producing all those boring green boxes