Dominion DC Co detailed info

I have just inherited a large number of Dominion and DC Co company doc’s, notes and a history of major events *by John A Belton). I have summarized the key information into a chronological list from 1885 to 1945. It is about 8-9 pages long so too long to post here. It includes key names of people, start and discontinue date of brands of shotshells, calibers, new processes, patents etc. If there is any interest in this, I can publish on my website and include a link to access it. Let me know via email or on the forum if this is of interest to anyone and I will make it happen. Thanks.
Curtis

OK Guys I have it up on the website.
You can go to my mainpage: www.cartridge-corner.com and then click on the headstamp page and then at the bottom right a link to DC CO info.

Or a quick link right to the page: (just cut and paste in your browser)
members.shaw.ca/cstein0/dcco.htm

Enjoy!!!

Curtis, I would be very intertested. Thanks for your effort.
Rich

I also would be very interested in your information. Thanks.

I am very interested.

Curtis - count me in on it as well. Thanks. Very nice of you.

Curtis
That must be an old paper by John Belton. He has since written that he now thinks the Vulcan shotshell was introduced in the 1900-01 period. Also the summary has a couple of typos.The N.W.M.P. dated headstamps were—
D.C.Co 9 9 45-75 & D.C.Co 0 0 45-75 not 45-70.

Thanks I have corrected those typos and will re publish tonight. Yep it was in the late 1950’s part of his paper. Also received some old advertsing emmorabilia and various tid bits on DC Co. One day will put it all together and get more out to everyone. Just went with teh paper to start.

Curtis,
A minor correction and a comment…

1910 Canadian Explosives Limited abbreviation was “CXL”.

Regarding D-I-L: The plant in Brownsburg was in the same complex as the main C-I-L production line. The late Jim Houlden, who many of us were privileged to know, worked at that plant and related a number of stories about the difficulties of keeping staff duties and components separate on the line.

Not as well known is the fact the D-I-L opened a number of plants in Canada, the largest of which was on the shores of Lake Ontario in a town now called Ajax. This loaded artillery shells and the plant covered 3,000 acres. The company built a town to support the 9,000 people who worked there in the 1941-45 timeframe. At one stage the town’s name was supposed to be Dilville but the name “Ajax” won out in the end. D-I-L also operated a plant just north of Parry Sound in Ontario (see IAA Journal 467).

Chris P. (Formerly, Director of Technology, C-I-L) now sensibly retired.