Dragon Pinfire Cartridge

who is the manufacturer or the customer ?
thanks
jp

I researched this a little bit before, and did not find any answers, but here is a starting point:

The animal shown is a Basilisk, which was a legendary creature reputed to be king of serpents and said to have the power to cause death with a single glance.

It is depicted a couple different ways:
and

On the headstamp it is depicted giving birth to a human, and this is used in quite a few Italian coat of arms and is known as a Biscione.
Most places it is depicted wearing a crown:

But the version on the headstamp is the Coat of arms of the House of Visconti, which was the noble families who ruled much of Italy during the Middle Ages. The symbol is still often associated with the Arch-bishop; so my guess is that it was made for one of them, or his guards or something.

Here were the Arch-bishops who managed the archdiocese during the time when this could have been made.
Bartolomeo Carlo Romilli (1847-1859)
Paolo Angelo Ballerini (1859-1867)
Luigi Nazari di Calabiana (1867-1893)

My guess is that one of those is your customer!

Aaron, nice research.

I guess it was not for the president of Alfa Romeo!

Indeed great research, very interesting! I suppose this PF cartridge is rare. I wish to ask what is the caliber?

By the way,these days I find a PF cal .450 (12mm) which is headstamped with five-point star and crescent moon - customer - The Otoman Empire. Unfortunately I don’t have photo camera to post some pics, but later I’ll try with the scanner.

Cheers!

Ivo

[quote=“Iv4o”]Indeed great research, very interesting! I suppose this PF cartridge is rare. I wish to ask what is the caliber?

Cheers!

Ivo[/quote]

9 mm

Fede you are a great researcher !!! thanks
JP