Looking for information and or drawings/images of the needle fire cartridges used in Dreyse revolvers circa 1840-1860.
Specifically those about 9 or 10mm.
Unlike the Dreyse needle fire rifles which were breechloaders, the revolver cartridges were loaded into chambers in the cylinder the same way as with percussion cylinders, using a rammer lever to seat them from the front. A tiny hole at the rear of the chamber allowed the needle to penetrate the cartridge to activate the primer.
Were there design features in the cartridges to prevent flash over or chain fire multiple discharges?
What did the primer look like and how was it secured to the base of the bullet?
Any idea what the powder charges and bullet weight were? [Historical interest only, not planning on loading any!]