E. Remington & Sons Rimfire Cartridges

Does anyone have information about the relationship of E. Remington & Sons with rimfire cartridges? Are there any boxes made by/for them? I’m wondering about this because this company offered rimfires for several years but I know nothing about actual specimens of cartridges or boxes.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Fede

Fede…

Howard Hoovestol, in his book, E. Remington & Sons Cartridges (2000), states that orders for rimfire cartridges, usually received along with orders for guns, were farmed out to UMC. He does show pictures of a box of .22 Short made for Remington by Crittenden & Tibbals, and a box of .38 Long made for them by UMC. Howard also states that it is believed E. Remington & Sons did not make any of their own rimfire cartridges.

Randy

Randy, thank you very much for the quick answer; I just found the pictures of the boxes you mentioned. I noticed that while the C&T says “Made for E. Remington & Sons”, the UMC boxes in .38 Long actually says “For E. Remington & Son’s Belt and Navy Revolvers, Sporting Rifles, etc.”

Do you know of any other reference illustrating E. Remington boxes in .32, .44 and .50?

Regards,

Fede