Early Israeli dummies

Don’t know if they are rare but I don’t see them a lot, especially consecutive years in the same discount bin.

2 Likes

This type of dummy from Israel was very, very scarce at one time. Then, a whole bunch of them came into the country in a load of miscellaneous ammunition from Israel. That was years ago. I don’t recall seeing many of them in recent years.

Nice photos. Thanks for posting. While no longer collecting it, I have a soft spot for 7.9 x 57 stuff.

John Moss

2 Likes

Are there Israeli dummies from that period in .303 Brit?

Yes! When I was collecting .303, I had one with headstamp * .#.# * 1948. (the marks # represent two different Hebrew Letters that I cannot reproduce here. I had only five .303 Israeli-made rounds in my collection and all were dated either 1948, 1949, or just 49. It seems they only made that caliber for a couple of years, kind of surprising considering the number of Enfields and Bren guns that the Hagannah and the Irgun had, and which I assume went into the Israeli Army after independence from England custodianship.

If anyone has an later date in Israeli .303, please post it here. I don’t have my cartridges anymore, so that is why I can’t post headstamp pictures. The information above comes from my catalog sheet for my own cartridges, the catalog being retained for my library when I sold the collection of .303.

Aside from that one dummy, which had 2 holes in the case and an empty primer pocket, the other four rounds were all ordinary ball cartridges.

John Moss

1 Like