Early percussion cap tins- anyone collecting these?

Is there anyone, besides myself and a very few others, that are collecting and or researching early percussion cap tins? Not primer tins, but percussion cap tins. Circa 1820 to about 1870’s period?

Cheers,
Will.

I know 2 people in France collecting them
JP

Hi JP.
I know that P.M. collects but do not know the other collector. Perhaps you could pm me.
Cheers,
Will.

ok Will !
JP

Hi JP.

My interest is in the percussion cap tins/boxes of the period from about 1820 to about 1860 (and some later if they are interesting). I like the really early ones but also the mid term ones (1840-1860) too. The early ones are very hard to find. Any ones you find of that period, I would be VERY interested in. I have had many conversations with Philip Mention. He indicated that there are more early French cap tins/boxes in North America (US) than there are in France. I have found this to be true. My earliest French cap tins/boxes have come out of the US. Looking at the history of where French caps were marketed, it makes sense to me.

I also really like the early English and early US cap tins and boxes too. Too bad there are not more collectors or people who appreciate these. You were the only one who responded to my message on the forum.

Cheers,

Will.

Hi JP.

My interest is in the percussion cap tins/boxes of the period from about 1820 to about 1860 (and some later if they are interesting). I like the really early ones but also the mid term ones (1840-1860) too. The early ones are very hard to find. Any ones you find of that period, I would be VERY interested in. I have had many conversations with Philip Mention. He indicated that there are more early French cap tins/boxes in North America (US) than there are in France. I have found this to be true. My earliest French cap tins/boxes have come out of the US. Looking at the history of where French caps were marketed, it makes sense to me.

I also really like the early English and early US cap tins and boxes too. Too bad there are not more collectors or people who appreciate these. You were the only one who responded to my message on the forum.

Cheers,

Will.

hello Will

1. you are collecting PERCUSSION CAPS and not primers, don’t you ?

2. Philip Mention stops to collect them and is collecting only primers now.

jp

Hi Will,

I didn’t reply because you already know I do but not to the extent that you do.

Mike.