eBay ANTI-AMMO IDIOTS

I sell ammunition and weapons systems reference materials on eBay. These folks are notoriously anti-weapon. In the several years which I have been on eBay I had have MANY ridiculous episodes with them. The on line advice pictured below is one of my favorites. After killing one of my sales I contacted their " online chat " ADVISOR and was told - yes , read and see - the word AMMUNITION could not be used to describe a reference about AMMUNITION !!! .

I filed a formal complaint with “trust and security” department and later received an apology.

They farm out most of the on line advice work to INDIA. Good luck with that !

I gave up on Ebay when they mandated Paypal for all transactions. I had been a member since they started and had a 100% FB. They asked me to re-consider my leaving…I asked them to re-consider their new policy.

Haven’t looked back and don’t miss them at all.

Tom

DON’T BLAME YOU THERE. THEY ARE A CONSTANT HASTLE TO DEAL WITH. THE PROBLEM IS THAT THEY ARE THE ONLY WAY TO ACCESS THE HUGE INTERNATIONAL MARKET AT A REASONABLE COST.

Over 1/2 of my sales are from outside the US - especially , now. EBAY is the only way to access this market.

They rake off 10% of most sales with their fees and Paypal charges but it is their sandbox and you have to pay to play.

I am listed on 5 other sites and the total sales from these 5 in a year is not 1/10 the EBAY sales.

Far too many stupid experiences with them over the years but the above is a fine example.

It’s called Capitalism.

But fear not. E-Bay will soon be taxed into oblivian, or Nationalized. Start hoarding yuan. It will be a much better investment than cartridges.

Ray

[quote=“Ray Meketa”]It’s called Capitalism.

But fear not. E-Bay will soon be taxed into oblivian, or Nationalized. Start hoarding yuan. It will be a much better investment than cartridges.

Ray[/quote]

I REALLY WISH THAT IS NOT TRUE. REGRET THAT IT IS ! I AM TOO OLD TO WORRY ABOUT INVESTING BUT FOR YOU YOUNG FOLKS - START LEARNING CHINESE .