EBAY ITEM ..Is this a real AAI 12ga?

cgi.ebay.com/ULTRA-RARE-AAI-12GA … dZViewItem

Sure looks real (yes AAI) but I can not believe there is anything official (as to it being an official AAI factory sectioning) as the photos appear as someone cut the front open (albeit not very straight or neat). The internal carrier sabot is correct as photo

Thanks I was gong to bid…but its way to much now. EBAY grrrrr

If you are going to the Ohio show at Mansfield this weekend I will sell you one for $10. These green Remington case loads are the most common of the 12ga flechettes followed by the red Winchester cases. The ebay item is the seller’s attempt to sell something in violation of the posting rules and the “story” is not true.

Go onto that site and follow the links to the Soviet PRIBOR-3B rifle- click on the images. Neat.

WOW…that is cool,I had just ignored all the BS text.

[quote=“CSAEOD”]If you are going to the Ohio show at Mansfield this weekend I will sell you one for $10. These green Remington case loads are the most common of the 12ga flechettes followed by the red Winchester cases. The ebay item is the seller’s attempt to sell something in violation of the posting rules and the “story” is not true.
[/quote]

THANKS ! for the offer…but I will not be their.

I am really just looking for about 15-20 of that style flechette for a project.

Are you looking for loaded rounds or just the flechettes?

[quote]If you are going to the Ohio show at Mansfield this weekend I will sell you one for $10.
[/quote]

CSAEOD, If I buy one for $10.00, will you buy me a drink?

Jones

Just the flechettes…but the higher quality AAI type not the common oxide coated black ones.

I am starting a collection of flechettes only.

Gun Parts has some flechettes for sale. Just ordered some. 1.5" are 10 for $3.35 and the 2" are 10 for $3.70.

THANKS…but I am looking for the better quality ones.Spiw type,AAI type,etc…

Have a bucket of the oxide black ones in both sizes.

[quote=“Jones”][quote]If you are going to the Ohio show at Mansfield this weekend I will sell you one for $10.
[/quote]

CSAEOD, If I buy one for $10.00, will you buy me a drink?

Jones[/quote]

NO - but if you find me there I will give you a free one and buy you 2 drinks. If it is Saturday you may get a free donut as well. WEATHER IS THE MAJOR PROBLEM.

Just the flechettes…but the higher quality AAI type not the common oxide coated black ones.

I am starting a collection of flechettes only.[/quote]

Here is a smattering of flechette types.First on the left is the AAI DU flechette from the Tricap in sabot-these are very brittle-not good to play with them.Second in line is a Soviet artillery flechette, they go on and on-javelins,mass stabilized,gliders,hollow point bio , HE experimental. The top one is quite magnetic and grabs onto to others so has to be on its own. THERE ARE LOTS OF TYPES OF FLECHETTES.

WOW * HOLY SMOKES * WOW VERY COOL ! THANKS FOR THE PIC…

Is the 9th one over a 12GA “scmiter” bad spelling.

[quote=“cobb”]WOW * HOLY SMOKES * WOW VERY COOL ! THANKS FOR THE PIC…

Is the 9th one over a 12GA “scmiter” bad spelling.[/quote]

The Scimitar was loaded in a variety of sizes and calibers. The most “common” is the yellow 20ga. Remington case followed by the red ALCAN 20ga. I have had small pistol size versions as well. Neat flying razor blades but poor accuracy.