ECRA Meeting in Switzerland was Great

Dimi Goulas and the Swiss Group in ECRA put on the best European meeting yet. Great facility, Army firepower demo, all customs and import procedures were smooth and problem free, and most importantly, the items at the show were great.

I found lots of good stuff and some great items.

A 30 round box of dou headstamped 9mmP from 1943 with a typical German label, but in Czech. Inside was ordinary looking ammo, but in five 6-round stripper clips!!! What was it intended for.

Also found a sealed 16 round box by Cassel from 1917 marked barrel proof in German. I have a proof box from this period but have never heard of a barrel proof load. The cartridges apparently unmarked look like normal ball ammo. Thoughts???

A German wood bullet blank in an emp headstamped copper washed steel case dated 1941, and very similar to the wood bullet copper washed steel blank recently on the Forum from a display board.

Other exotic stuff.

On my way to the Czech Show and will provide photos when I bet back.

Cheers, Lew

Glad the show was good for you. Wish I was there!!!

Can’t comment on the WWI proof except that i have had one of these proof loads from Cassel with a copy of the box label for years. However, all of my post-war Geco proof boxes, except the one 9mm Para I have which just has a big red overlabel saying “BESCHUSSPATRONEN” or something like that, used the term “Laufbescusspatronen.” Just an observation. It doesn’t answer you question, I know. I am simply not sure if there really is any significant difference in the use of 9mm cartridges marked “Laufbeschusspatronen” and those simply marked “Beschuss.”

Ask the Czechs about your clips in that box. There is a new thread right now showing a clip that has been identified as being Czech and for the 9mm M47 SMG. I can’t tell from the picture how many rounds of 9mm the clip would hold, but have asked that question.

In your box, do the cartridges fill the clips from end to end, and are the ends of the clip split?

Man I would love to make that show some time! Guess it will have to wait until I’m back among the employed.

The shooting range high into the mountains.

Leopard 2 tank from the Swiss army driving on the tank road…

tank shooting with the MG 7,5x55

and firing smoke

there was also a little display in the hanger…

120 mm tank ammo (Jason)!!!

and same pic’s of the cartridge show

more pict are follow !!!
regards

Gyro, YOU RULE BUD! Thanks so much for those photos! You take the best “Show Pics”, and I am way grateful for the pics of the tank round. That is one I have never seen before. Totally awesome!!!

Jason

More pict’s for Jason !!

Swiss Army. APC Spz 2000 (H

Gyro, you so rock!

Those pics are fantastic and I am very grateful that you always think of me at these shows taking special pics of the APFSDS stuff. I always see a new DS item every time you send pics. Do they allow tigers over their? If so, I am moving so I can go to your shows which seem to have the most amazing APFSDS items.

Jason
PS: Thank you again bud!

I will upload some videos in youtube under the names
ECRA-2008-1, -2 and -3.
It will take some time because uploading is so slow, but No 3 is already in

have fun
Ren

Heel leuk Rene !!(very nice Rene)
this is the link…

youtube.com/watch?v=0svc6EfZhNM

regards

Gyrojet

Very cool, Flying Dutchman! I just went to youtube and watched ECRA-2008-3 but could not find the other 2 videos. Your phone camera did a great job capturing video of the tank using its smoke screen.

Jason

Sorry answered before spotted link from Gyrojet
Thank you!

[quote=“APFSDS”]Very cool, Flying Dutchman! I just went to youtube and watched ECRA-2008-3 but could not find the other 2 videos. Your phone camera did a great job capturing video of the tank using its smoke screen.

Jason[/quote]

Number two is still uploading.
the first one took several hours and No 1 & 2 are even bigger files.

Cant wait to see them! Thanks so much for taking them for us and working so hard to post them on youtube. FIRED-UP!

Jason

There you go . .

de.youtube.com/watch?v=GtB394JXC9I

have fun . . . .
Ren

et voila . . . .

de.youtube.com/watch?v=-t73YJMfv7k

cheers
Ren

Really nice videos! Your camera phone is much better then mine.

Jason

[quote=“APFSDS”]Really nice videos! Your camera phone is much better then mine.

Jason[/quote]

you misunderstood me.
I was using my photo camera not a video camera or phone camera.

glad you like te videos
Ren

Please find enclosed three photos that I coul take during the tank demonstration. One of the photos is especially intersting, because you can see the tracer of the fin-stabilized projectile and the three sabot petals in flight. I believe the sabot petals appear as yellow dots because they reflect the muzzle flash in that very instance I pressed the button of my camera. What a lucky shot!

Anybody whishing to use these photos comercially shall contact me please and give me credits, thanks!
Chris

PS: I realized that there might be a data transfer volume limitation problem at Geocities, so please check back later for the photos. I also included a download-link.

geocities.com/russianammo/ECRA1.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/russianammo/ECRA2.jpg

geocities.com/russianammo/ECRA3.jpg

Ren

Amazing pictures and videos!!! Just awesome! Great shot capturing the sabot separation. I love this stuff!

Jason