Electric primered ctge

this one is funny.
Electric primered ctge from 1947
I haven’t checked but it looks like a 22 case. Right ?
jp

Wow, what is this???

JP, from what source are these drawings?

[quote=“EOD”]Wow, what is this???

JP, from what source are these drawings?[/quote]

They just say : “distance ignited ctge” meaning the ctge can be fired by an electric source at distance

SFM source

jp

[quote=“jeanpierre”][quote=“EOD”]Wow, what is this???

JP, from what source are these drawings?[/quote]

They just say : “distance ignited ctge” meaning the ctge can be fired by an electric source at distance

SFM source

jp[/quote]

Hum ! I don’t think we must translate it like that.
It is rather : “hitting (something) at distance by the use of an electric ctge”

jp

Actually the projectile looks like a firing pin. It could be an electric firing pin for percussion primed ammunition.

The Russians had a similar device for percussion primed flare cartridges in their four-barreled EKSR aircraft signal launcher/gun which was triggered electrically.

A very interesting drawing JP.

[quote=“EOD”]Actually the projectile looks like a firing pin. It could be an electric firing pin for percussion primed ammunition.

A very interesting drawing JP.[/quote]

hello Alex,
this is a good translation : “electric firing pin”

And thanks for your comment.
Nice to see it is interesting at least one guy !

I thought most of my posts were interesting nobody because they are related to too old ctges (older than 1900).

John gave me the idea of what I thought were “fantastic” ctges and therefore I tried to show a little bite more recent items but my conclusion is I mistook again !!

• Either the ctges shown are not enough young again despite the fact the last ones shown are after WWII (20 mm cardbord blanks from 1935 ,and 1939, electric ctge from 1947; Indian plastic 303 from 1952, experimental French ctge for DEFA from 1950 and so on),
  • Either these ctges are so common everybody knows them already (and you are the only one with me discovering them !)

Hum ! What can I show ??

• AK 47 ctges ?
    I have nothing interesting.

• Russian ctges from after WWI ?
    I proofed some time ago than a Russian hstp is not always Russian but can in fact be Egyptian made (It was a sccop for me).
    Even that they know !!!

But I won’t give up to easily and I will finish to find something interesting more people , don’t worry

jp

JP, you sound a bit disappointed. I am sure many of your drawings are interesting to many people just not everybody can express his particular happyness since most people do not react to things other show without being asked.
I think most people are happy to see a new document, save it and keep going on as before. Do not expect to get lots of positive comments. Rather be happy not to get bad ones.

I personally see many things on the forum but do comment only on those I have a clue about or which are striking my core interests.
You say you will show us AK cartridges? Please do! :)

J-P
In addition to EOD’s "on the spot "comments, perhaps most people don’t reply, even with a thank you, is that most of these drawings are somewhat of a mystery of why, who, how & etc. So we say nothing, hoping for more information or comments, but I’m sure we all do thank you for your interesting contributions & hard work, just not in print.
& yeah where are all those AK drawings?
AZ kid

jp

I know how you feel. It’s frustrating to do a lot of work with little or no feedback.

Just so you know, I look at all of your posts and find them interesting. I copy many of them for my records.

Keep up the good work.

Ray

[quote=“RayMeketa”]jp

I know how you feel. [/quote]

Me too.

Me too, nobody cares about danish target ammo apparently…
Soren

JP your diagrams are excellent and I enjoy looking at them unfortunately they can be so far away from my level of expertise they just look nice! I can not make a good comment. Vic

jeanpierre
Ray
everyone.

I read everything posted on this forum.

If I don’t have anything to say on the subject I don’t usually respond .
I am waiting or researching to find some more information.

On this latest subject JP I found it very interesting .
Please keep doing this stuff.

[color=#800000] Thank you to all who take alot of time and effort to make this forum just what it is .[/color]

Stonewall- Glenn Jackson
Calgary Alberta