Empty .22 boxes

I shoot a lot of higher-end .22 rimfires. Does anyone collect empty boxes? I’m in the US. Probably too much hassle to mail them out of the country.

I do, be happy to have some I don’t have!

Just curious, what is high-end for .22? I do not normally collect .22 hence the lack of knowledge.

RWS R50 ?

REMARK: can we please switch off the auto spell check for “complete sentences” or so?
Often we work here with ammo designations and the forum software demands Shakespeare style sentences and refuses to execute a posting. This is not helpfull.

1 Like

Tis wind, weather, availability, rifle, distance & match-dependent for me. Eley Black or the 2007 Tenex overrun packaged as Club Extra, or Lapua Midas with its various following letters or symbols, or Lapua Center-X for the most critical matches or when I’m going for a personal best. When there is lots of wind, glare or mirage, no sense in paying for upper end stuff. Then I select German-made Wolf Match Extra or S-K Rifle Match.

Distance is a factor. If it’s a 50-foot or 25-yard match, almost anything will do. I’ve seen CCI Blazers place in the top 3 in a nationally-ranked offhand match, 50 shots at 50 feet.

1 Like

Some of those you mention I might have as empties, but as companies seem to change boxes regularly so I would like to compare?

Vlad
There is low end (cheap & poorly built) & high end (expensive [double digit prices per 50 rnd. box] & high quality)
However waterman has a valid point that sometimes inexpensive does the job just as well.
I’ts been a sometimes printed-opinion that up to a point a firearm “likes” one brand over another.
In match shooting you can’t afford poor low-end ammunition because all you will do with it is loose,
I once had a case of Remington Standard grade which in about every other box I had a misfire. It was accurate enough for my level of shooting but used for practice only were I could afford the alibis.

2 Likes