Estimates of Value for Cartridge Boxes

Hi,

I have no idea about the value of cartridge boxes and need some help.

Here is an image of 4 cartridge boxes.

If you enlarge the image you can see the condition of the boxes.

1. Caliber 276, Frankford Arsenal, Drawing F B 9892, 1929, unopened
  2. Caliber 30 Tracer Cartridges, Aircraft, Model 1917, box dated Aug 08, 1918, unopened.
  3. Caliber 30 M2, armor piercing, St. Louis Ordnance Plant, 1943, box opened.
  4. Caliber 30 M2, armor piercing, Utah Ordnance Plant, 1943, box opened.

All the original live rounds are still in the boxes and are in very good condition (at least for the boxes that are open.

Any help would be appreciated.

Heavyiron

You might want to cruise around the various auctions sites and look for these very boxes to see what the marketplace has them going for. The value of something is what someone is willing to pay for it, you know.

ChristopherB.

Hi ChristopherB,

Thank you for the suggestion. It is a good idea and I did exactly that before posting here and was unable to find anything related to these boxes.

I was hoping someone might have some experience or knowledge about the box values. I know the “what and where” about the cartridges themselves but don’t have any idea as to full box values.

It isn’t an issue for me as to how much someone would be willing to pay for them because these are not for sale and will stay in my collection. I am not collecting for an investment, speculation, or business. I just like some of the pieces that I see and I want to keep good records in the event something happens to me so my heirs will be able to have some idea of what the items and collection may be worth.

Thanks for your help.

Heavyiron

Heavyiron, I will give it a shot, I am sure someone will call me on it if I am off base ;-)

1. Caliber 276, Frankford Arsenal, Drawing F B 9892, 1929, unopened. $50-75 The lot 23 boxes are not that rare as it was released through the CMP.

2. Caliber 30 Tracer Cartridges, Aircraft, Model 1917, box dated Aug 08, 1918, unopened. No clue, but if I had to take a SWAG I would say any where from $65-100 depending on condition and how bad someone wants it.

3. Caliber 30 M2, armor piercing, St. Louis Ordnance Plant, 1943, box opened.

4. Caliber 30 M2, armor piercing, Utah Ordnance Plant, 1943, box opened.
    The WWII AP boxes are not that hard to find. I normaly see them in $25-35 if mint and unopened. For these I would say around $20-25.

Hope that helps

Hi Sht_LE,

Thank you for helping me out once again.

I do not understand box values at all so your input is very useful and provides a benchmark of value for me.

Your assessment on the Pedersen cartridges is correct. These are the ones with the larger 30 caliber primers and PC50 bullets and they were distributed by CMP.

I appreciate your time and effort.

Heavyiron