Ethiopian .30-06, 7.62 × 51 mm & 7.92 × 57 mm cartridges

I have written a short article on the Ethiopian .30-06, 7.62 × 51 mm & 7.92 × 57 mm ammunition that is becoming more prevalent on the US market at the moment.

http://armamentresearch.com/ethiopian-30-06-7-62-x-51-mm-7-92-x-57-mm-cartridges/

Still a few leads to chase down, and we have a researcher in Ethiopia looking into the history. As you might expect, it has been a little difficult to confirm some details. My thanks to the IAA members who have helped! I would certainly be interested in any further information you may have.

Earlier headstamp types in .30-06 and 7.92 have been known for a while, at least the late 1980s, but the new surplus in .30-06 and 7.62 are brand new to the US, and the small quantity imported seems to have already disappeared, at least for now. I never even saw any at gunshows, just limited offerings on-line.

Yes, I have not included a headstamp listing in this article but will probably do so for the Journal. I have about 12 or 15 examples, I believe.

The recent imports came in through Century International Arms.

Forgotten Weapons just posted an evaluation of the 7.62mm. I think this may be a multi-part post but first one is here:

Yes, Ian will be publishing two more videos for the other two calibres. All the data is already in the article, however. I’ll add the new videos to the article as they go live.