European Union trying to hijack firearms law?

At present within the EU firearms laws are under the control of the member states. The EU has recently issued a questionare which is seen by many as an initial move in an attempt to hijack control. This is not suprising, the whole ethos of the EU is to try and micro manage every detail of life within the Union in an Orwellian fashion.

In Britain there is a growing movement for us to leave the EU, partly because of the way the thing is run. The law makers are not elected and simply impose laws on a whim. If you look on the form they say its being considered as a proposal for adoption. Nobody gets to vote on it!

ec.europa.eu/yourvoice/ipm/forms … rearmsRisk

The title suggests their focus is international arms trafficing but sections C and D are clearly targetted towards the private citizen and their ability to purchase and store guns and ammunition.

Members of the forum who live within the EU may want to take part. You can be sure the anti gun lobby will be mobilising its members to take part. For the rest of you its just to keep you aware of what is going on in the rest of the world.

Yes, it is a shame what has happened to the EU. It was not a bad concept originally, I suppose, but it is going the way of the UN, the organization most dangerous to personal liberty throughout the world and one that no free nation or free person should support. That is aside from the fact that it is hopelessly corrupt as well.

I was surprised to see that the current EU rules (Directive 91/477/EEC (Annex I Part II))apparently include the following according to the questionnaire.

I know that some countries like Germany prohibit penetrating ammunition and tracers, but even in Germany pistol ammunition with expanding projectiles (Yes, the misspelling above is from the questionnaire-the quote is a cut and paste — Impressive!!!) seems commonly available, for example Hornady Zombie ammunition in pistol calibers is readily available in stores that sell ammunition! Some other EU counties appear less restrictive toward ammunition than Germany.

Who does Directive 91/477/EEC (Annex I Part II) apply to and how does it impact the items I can bring to Holland in the fall for the ECRA meeting?

Appreciate some advise.

Cheers,
Lew

PS: It is very telling that the questionnaire does not provide an opportunity to indicate that the current rules are too restrictive and should be loosened! This says a lot about the mindset of the people behind the questionnaire and their intentions.

Lew,

expanding bullets are allowed for hunting and target shooting, but not for personal defense.

There is a missing end to what you wrote above.

" pistol and revolver ammunition with expandign projectiles and projectiles for such ammunition, except in the case of wepaons for hunting or for target shooting for person entitled to use them"

eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/Lex … 058:EN:PDF

[quote=“Lew”]
PS: It is very telling that the questionnaire does not provide an opportunity to indicate that the current rules are too restrictive and should be loosened! This says a lot about the mindset of the people behind the questionnaire and their intentions.[/quote]

Lew, you are exactly right, the questions are loaded in such a way that you can only vary the extent to which you agree with them. There is no mechanism for disagreement. We won’t get to vote anyway so its already decided.