Experimental German 15mm case or just a13mm necked up light

The attached pictures show what I thought for years was a 13mm MG 131 case made into a lighter. However a closer examination shows that the case is necked up to 15mm. The case is unfinished in that there are no holes in the primer pocket. The H/s is 15 qls 45. I don’t think post war the Germans making lighters would have necked up 13mm cases to 15mm. My question is, is this an experimental case or just wishful thinking? Thanks in advance for comments.

Buster

This looks much like a draw stage which got it’s neck at the place it was turned into a lighter. The hs and there the manufacturer is quite rare. So still a good find!

I have an example of the same case in my collection, headstamped P V 38 (or 39).

A drawing of the MG 131/15 cartridge is included in Lippert’s book, with a short HE projectile to keep the overall length the same.

There was no MG131/15 in 1945…

I agree that this is a 13x64B case necked up to hold the lighter.

Am I wrong or these qls brass washed steel cases are the only ones in this caliber made during 1945? Was this case using a single flash hole made for a standard J electric primer?

Fede, as you certainly know the percussion primers were pre war experimentals (at best up to 1940) as they were also used in those MG131/15.
The adopted version and used throughout the war was electrically primed and had primer pockets without anvils, mostly with a single (central) flash hole but also existed with 2 holes.

My 131/15 case has an anvil with two flash holes.

Presumably some of the percussion-primed MG 131 guns and ammunition were supplied to Japan at some point, as the IJN adopted them as the 13mm Type 2.

Yes, the 131/15 were percussion primed.

Yes, I doubt that a new type of electric primer was developed so late in the war for these qls cases, but I thought that the diameter of the central flash hole found on these was significantly larger than usual, but maybe this is just an illusion caused by some pictures I have seen. Were any of these cases ever found loaded? It is confirmed if these were made by WMF?

Anderhub confirmed qls to be WMF (which today denies to having ever been involved into arms production and threatens peopel wit their lawyers if they connect them to such items…)

Interesting news. I wonder how they explain away their awt code in “Liste der Fertigungskennzeichen” or 152 in “Alphabetisches Verzeichnis der Firmenziffern” in the Bundesarchiv. Not to mention the Tuf steel case drawing stage displays from WW1.

In the past I have found several companies which made or still make ammunition and do not mention it in public or on their websites or the like. As we all know many customers of “civilian goods” do object on such things (the dogooders).

Thank you for all the replies, just thought I woud put a picture up of the H/s to finish the post.

Thanks a lot for the information.