Fake arcane?

Is the round to the far left a real arcane ?THANKS

AT LEAST THE COLOR IS GOOD

WHAT YOU MUST KNOW ABOUT ARCANES IS THE FACT THE GUY WAS MIXING POWDER INSIDE:
FAST BURNING AND SLOW BURNING
IN ORDER OF NOT TO INCREASE TOO MUCH THE MAXIMUM PRESSURE

JP

Cobb - I would say that your Arcane .45 round is NOT a fake. As J-P said, the color is good, as is the projectile shape. Also, it is known that Fabrice Bodet, the designer and manufacturer (under the name “Laboratoire Arcane,” located in a suburb of Paris, was known to use Hirtenberger brass (and also some SFM).

I have the identical round, and mine came originally from a very good French collector who knew him, and actually engaged in a test of Arcane products, along with the Chief of the French National Police shooting team, Andr

THANKS GUYS GREAT INFO ! I was 99% sure it was good as the guy I got it from knew his AP rounds very well.

I would NEVER fire any odd ball “exotic” for a few reasons…rare,unknown powder mixes,unknown bullet cores,etc.

Cobb, Nice selection of exotic 45 ACPs!!!

Cobb - what is the second round from the left in your picture. I have a lot of .45s, but I have not seen this one that I can recall.

John,
That one looks similar to one that was in that pic of exotic 9mms that was circulating a couple of years ago, doesn’t it?

I was told it is a fx lab prototype ap/delayed explosive round of some type ?? Called a unicorn ???

[quote]JohnMoss wrote:
Cobb - what is the second round from the left in your picture. I have a lot of .45s, but I have not seen this one that I can recall.[/quote]

I’ve only seen this one once before and it was listed in the “Engles collectibles” catalog online in his website for cartridges that sold at the SLICS auction in 2007. It was listed as item #81; as a “Van Hee experimental aluminum-core, explosive discarding sabot” (Say that ten times fast!), and it was also a .45ACP. The item sold, and the link is here:

http://www.engelscollectibles.com/auctionlive1/CatalogSLICS1web.pdf

Though I don’t know if it’s a functional link anymore. It had a picture of the cartridge somewhere in the .pdf catalog. If you type the phrase “van hee experimental” in quotes into Google, then this is one of two results that comes up, pointing to Engles page. It will also point to a link here in the buy/sell/trade folder where I posted a want listing for this very cartridge on March 15 of this year. I am interested if anyone has one.

The round I have has what looks like a brass ? core and it does look to have some type of a sabot type holder around it set in the jacket.

THANKS,I found the van hee PIC and it does look close .

I will contact the guy I got it from ,he may have others ?

Another positive answer is always good to have. and I can confirm, as an old friend of Fabrice Bodet, that the HP brass cased Arcane on the far left side of the picture is definitively genuine.

This Austrian brass was the only one available when Fabrice loaded his 45 ACP rounds.

Philippe

[quote=“philippe regenstreif”]Another positive answer is always good to have. and I can confirm, as an old friend of Fabrice Bodet, that the HP brass cased Arcane on the far left side of the picture is definitively genuine.

This Austrian brass was the only one available when Fabrice loaded his 45 ACP rounds.

Philippe[/quote]

THANK YOU ! I feel very lucky to have a real arcane !

Cobb,

Nice selection of exotics. While it is off the original topic, I was wondering if you or any of the others could provide what info is available on the 4th round from the left? I have an example with a “W-W 45 AUTO” headstamp and a completely red case head and primer. I aquired it with no documentation other than an interesting story.

Thanks,
Dave

I believe that’s an American Ballistics co. gray Teflon coated bullet, which came in many calibers including .45ACP. Back in the very early 80’s National cartridge and ABC were both making a bunch of these steel monolithic (and some brass) AP pistol bullets, and they were somewhat similar. Some with plain knurled driving bands, and some with brass driving bands. I collect if anyone has extras or is looking for trade.