Favorite box of ammo!

Old norwegian shotgunshell box.

5 Likes

I hope more than one contribution is not out of line !

This UMC box is not flashy but is the first in this caliber by them, with its “Mantled Bullet” call-out, and contains, as depicted in the art, 20 of the cartridges with the rare U.M.C. 30 CAL. headstamp.

Randy

4 Likes

Randy, it’s all good!! Since this is your specialty maybe you would appreciate this box too… it’s hard to nail down a single box to be a favorite so I of course support a few… anyway hope you like this one, got it from a buddy in Michigan last year.

2 Likes

By the way I have been on the lookout for a good box of .30-40 so if you notice anything out there I’d appreciate a shout out buddy!!

My box
The cords for the empty packet snider shoot & empty packet Indian 476 are remake .
The blue packet is french 18mm M 1859 for carbine made in 1866.

Bsrg, Dan

2 Likes

I had met the Tom this box was named for & worked with the Tom who was his brothers son, so a favorite.
The others are self explanatory,

That box of M1906 .45 auto that Joegoforth shows is extraordinary, & Randy’s 30 Cal box is also pretty SUPER!!

Randy have you seen the box the cannurled cases came in?
DSCN5579

3 Likes

Hi, from the collection of one old friend .
Winchester CTG by SFM

Bsrg, Dan

3 Likes

I found this box label going through Hackley’s stuff. Model 1901 .30-cal cartridges with F A 1 03 headstamps. See page 99, HWS Vol. I Revised.

3 Likes

Dan,

After your post of SFM Winchester cartridge boxes I decided to post this one. I have posted it before but it is one of my favorites.

It’s identified as a .40-60-260 Winchester. In reality it’s a .40-60-260 Marlin / .40-65-260 Winchester…The SFM drawing says it’s “Cartouche Winchester Cal-40-60 Fab. SF Pour Carabine Marlin”.

Paul

3 Likes

Hi, yes Paul it’s draw n° 9017, sometimes we can to be sure when we found one number on the label and on the draw The only other draw i have for this caliber is about WRA made 1892 . Bsrg, Dan

Edit for ad draw

3 Likes

Cabinet drawer, US Corner & …

Bsrg, Dan

2 Likes

Cabinet drawer, French Corner

Bsrg, Dan

2 Likes

Could you post a photo of the cartridge and headstamp?

No, as I do not have one.

A couple of nice early .30 LR:
IMG_6119
IMG_6120

A box of 6mm SAW tracer:
IMG_6122

And a full box of 5.6mm Swiss Eiger:
IMG_6123

Paul

3 Likes

I love that box of SAW tracers!

A Cal. .30 Match box.