Federal Aluminum 7.62x39?

A guy from the internet told me that he has fired lots of “Federal Champion 7.62x39 in Aluminum Case”.
I have never heard of it. Does it exist?

I was under the impression that Federal Champion is a line of .22LR and pistol cartridges… and 7,62x39 doesn’t fit either category.
I’d assume he’s confused polymer coated/zinc washed steel cases for aluminium…

Federal also produced Aluminum case 9x19mm, in the Champion line. A quick look at the internet indicates that Champion was also produced in 38 Special, 40 S&W and 45 ACP. It sounds like these were brass case. No of aluminum cases in any caliber.

Cheers,
Lew

That’s what I thought, thanks for the confirmation. I’ve asked the guy for any boxes, rounds or cases.

The Federal Champion aluminum cased cartridges were also made in .40 S&W and .45 Auto, both headstamped “FC” and “NR” (products codes are CAL40180 and CAL45230). The .45 exists in two headstamps variations, with and without a dot under the “N” (just like the 9 mm), but I have seen the .40 with the undotted headstamp variation only.

The Fed Champion alum cased ammo is an exclusive product for Walmart.

The only calibers I’ve seen in the Champion alum cased line is in 9mm, 40 S&W and 45ACP.

CCI doesn’t even produce any rifle ammo with alum cases that’s being sold on the commercial market so I highly doubt that there is any such thing as a Fed Champion alum cased 7.62x39mm.

But I could be wrong…