Federal Training ammo Purple Box

Saw a Box of 9x19 Luger federal brand traing ammo. FMJ (Sorry but dont recall id 124 or 147 grain) FMJ Purple Polymer coated bullets. Its on hold for me. Something about the PAwn shop had to hold twoi weeks before being able to seel any of lot of stuff they had “Bought” in case previous owner came back. I will pick up late but I had not ssen purpel polymer vs Red polymer coated buletrs on Federal ammo before. Box doesnt look that old so wonmdering why purple vs red which I already have! Any thoughts? special order maybe? box had no indication!

Check this post.

I do not know if they made 9mm…
Dan

hello
on the link is the case is purple ,not the bullet
and the brand is winchester ,not federal

if i understand the first post ,the cartridges look normal but the bullet is polymer coated ,like federal nyclad ?

Federal " Product Overview "

" If practice isn’t realistic, it’s not really practice. Make range time matter with all-new Syntech® Training Match™, loads that offer the same velocity, trajectory and point of impact as equivalent Federal Premium® Personal Defense® HST® and Tactical® HST duty ammunition. Like all Syntech offerings, Syntech Training Match features the one-of-a-kind TSJ® projectile, which uses a polymer jacket to eliminate metal fouling and drastically reduce damaging barrel heat and friction. Its Federal-exclusive Catalyst™ primer provides hot, reliable ignition without lead or other heavy metals, making Syntech Training Match perfect for indoor ranges.

• Identical point of impact, velocity and trajectory as equivalent HST loads
  • Extremely realistic and effective practice
  • Purple jacket visually identifies matched training round
  • Catalyst high-performance lead-free primer
  • Total Synthetic Jacket prevents metal fouling
  • Drastically reduces barrel heat and friction
  • Minimizes splash-back on hard targets "

From the 2021 Federal ammunition catalog:

Thanks bdgreen and ammogun! I had to run, and just saw purple!
Dan

1 Like

but the two brands had similar point ,the “training line”

1 Like

Thx for replys. It makes more sense now.

1 Like

Update I picked up the box of Purple Syntech and it turns out its 147 Grain Training ammo vs 124grain ! projectiles are flat tipped. box otherwise looks like the purple boxes above. thx for sharing!