Federal video about one of our own

Federal did this video of Dave “Doc” Frederickson proclaiming his amazing and informative work of 40 years in the documenting of Federal products.

He is also world class collector of shotshells, other than Federal. He was a SLICS again this year with a really GREAT display.

A very interesting video seeing just some of his collection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVKWI7aJlmA

WOW!!!
Don’t know how else to say it. WOW!!!

Brian

That is an amazing video. It’s great that Federal put this video together to show their appreciation and the accomplishments of someone who has really taken a lot of pride in a lifetime of work and research.

Amazing collection and great video!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those who don’t know him, if you were at SLICS then you likely would have seen him, and here he is from the video where the video is showing a photo from what I think is the 2013 show. Dave (right) is accepting an award for Best Educational display from Chris Punnett (left):

Great video, and a great man with a great story.

It would be nice to include this on the IAA main site if possible as “why people collect cartridges” or something.

Fantastic video and a great collection, just amazing

Rich

Pete,

Thank you for bringing this wonderful video under our attention.

Rgds
Dutch

A VERY nice video, and a great collection… !

More, It reminded me lots of things, as when I had my collection, I had exactly the same kind of drawers and furniture too (wooden, plastic and even metallic)!!! Even if the models were not exported to the US…it’s something uncredible!

Phil

GREAT VIDEO!!!

Having historians like Doc, and others alike, as members of our association holds so much value to the IAA, IMHO!

Thank you for sharing this with us Pete!

-Dave

Dr. Frederickson’s collection would have to rank as one of the premier ammunition-related collections on planet earth! (No, I am not intimating there are collections on other worlds :-)). I am glad to see from the video that Federal seems to appreciate this man’s incredible devotion to their product, as well as the stellar research he has obviously done on it. A real credit to our hobby as well! So often that doesn’t seem to be the case of ammo companies vis collectors.

In one of my favorite movies, “Tombstone,” there is a line that I will paraphrase here - “Thanks for being there, Doc!”

I wonder how one could obtain copies of the books he made?

I suppose I will send him an email, even though he does not know me.

Joe

He had several books on Federal stuff for sale at SLICS, looked liked both hard copy and digital format.

He also had a wonderful display of Yacht gun ammunition!

That was such a great video "DOC"mentry! Just so cool how Federal honored such a great guy. WOW! I am going to watch that one again. I agree, it should be placed somewhere on the IAA Web Site. I so need to get to SLICS one year so I can meet everyone in person.

Jason

Joe, that should work. Shotshells, & rinfire (both include packaging), & air rifle are the three books I know about.

Jason, YES

That was a wonderful piece, really nicely produced with class and intelligently put together - well done.

What a great life Doc has led and in the service of others, a good man - inspiring, thank you!

JVJ

[quote=“JohnS”]He had several books on Federal stuff for sale at SLICS, looked liked both hard copy and digital format.

He also had a wonderful display of Yacht gun ammunition![/quote]

Yes he had a wonderfull display.
I didn’t take any picture (my batteries were low) and it is a shame.

It is a shame also this guy won only the best educational display in my opinion.
It was the best display in any point of view (nice , complete, really rare ctges)
it seems people don’t like shotshells (or things looking like) …

Last time I went to St louis it was 8 years ago.
It is always a very nice show , despite the prices have increased a lot (at least regarding shotshells and old american ctges).

I was happy to see my friends and to meet people I used to trade with and about who I knew only the name and not the face.

And I met also new and very friendly people who have a lot a knowledge in the different fields of ctges collecting.

A SPECIAL HELLO TO THE SWAMP GUY AND TO HIS FRIEND WHO ARE THE PERFECT IMAGE OF HOW WE IMAGINE HERE IN EUROPE ARE THE US PEOPLE.
HE WILL RECOGNIZE HIMSELF

I hope to be able to come back next year

JP

It seems the National Rifle Association also noted Doc’s contributions / award too.

americanhunter.org/articles/ … es.aolmail

Hello,
Is there somebody on this forum who is in contact by internet with this man ?
jp

Nobody is in contact by email with this guy ???

JP

JP,
David Frederickson is a member of the IAA and in the member directory.
gary