Finn reformed 7.35 Carcano

I have two 7.62x39mm blank cartridges made from reformed 7.35 Carcano cases that reportedly were done in Finland. One is a live round and one is a dummy/inert with no primer. When and why was this done? Any information would be appreciated!

AKMS

The Finns had plenty of 6.5mm carcano cartridges in stock and reformed even stranger calibers into 7.62x39 like .303, 7x57 and 8x57.

How does one reform a .303 into a 7.62x39? Surely it would be more trouble than it was worth. I can understand with calibres such as 7x57 and 8x57, as they have the same base diameter, so it is simply a case of curring them off and resizing them. However, on a .303 the groove would have to be cut, which I thought would weaken the case to the point where it could split and leave the forward portion in the chamber.

Those blanks are made period 1965 - 1970.

btw, 7.62x39 and 8x57 base is not same dia!

I should have known that about base diameter. Looking at both rounds side by side, there is a small but obvious difference. It just seems an awful lot of trouble to go to, when new cases could surely be made more cheaply, easier and more quickly.