Firequest 9x19mm items

I just ordered a few things from Firequest, including two packs of their Devastators.

I seem to remember there was a Firequest a similar company in Tulsa in the mid-1990s that produced this type of ammo. Does anyone know what it was or anything about this earlier company?

The Firestorne tracers are cute with a red bullet and dark blue tip-GFL commercial hst.Devastators have a small red tip. and are identical to the ones I bought in 2010, except the earlier ones had WIN hst ammo and these have R-P cases.

Has anyone sectioned a Devastator? It sounds like and explosive round but that could be wrong.

Any relevant info is appreciated including products from the current company and the earlier company!

Cheers,
Lew

Lew, it is the same company. They started in Tulsa, Oklahoma, then c. 1996 they moved to Delta, Colorado, and c. 2000 to El Dorado, Arkansas.

Regards,

Fede

Fede,
Thanks. I spoke to the General Manager today and he thought the current owner bougjht the company when it was in Arizonian in 1996 or 1997!

I’m packing for ECRA now and have no time, but when I get back I will post a couple of Firequest items from 1994. I have no idea when they originated in Tulsa.

Cheers,
Lew

Lew, I don’t have information about an Arizona address. My earliest information about this company and the “Firequest” trademark dates from 1993.

Good luck at the ECRA show!

Regards,

Fede

I also found the Colorado address. They apparently made the ,22 Devastator bullet that Hinckley used to shot President Regan. I understand Valmet also produced a similar bullet, but I haven’t tried to look them up yet.!
Velet in Spokone WA also made explosive bullets in pistol calibers.Further research indicates that the Devastator bullet used to shoot President Regan was made by Bingham Ltd. in Norcross, Ga.
Lots of questions here.

Here is an image of the Bingham Ltd box:

Cheers,
Lew