First Quarter 2011 Book Updates

Hello,
Below are the new links for our 5.56 x 45 (.223 REM) and 12.7 x 99 (.50 Cal BMG) REFERENCE BOOKS
They have been updated through the end of the First Quarter of 2011. NOTE: the next update will be as of the end of the Third Quarter of 2011.
Any suggestions, corrections, and/or comments are always welcomed.
We hope you find the material helpful!
All our best,
Ron and Ron J. Fuchs

50 Cal BMG Book Link

cid-cef023994dde93cc.office.live … -1%5E6.zip

223 Rem (5.56x45) Book Link

cid-27362a32d3da7bb6.office.live … rt%201.zip

Nice work !!!
This one perhaps never build ???
Contract SFM/Paraguay

Bsrg, Dan

Great work,Much enjoyed
Charles.J.Wells (Jack)
Sgm USA. Ret.

Thanks for update!

Thanks for making these available, they are fantastic references!

Ron, thank you for all your effort. Much appreciated!

Ron, thank you very much.

It seems like Chile is missing from the .223 Remington list. I’ll post some pictures later.

The .50 BMG for the “Ministerio de Defensa de la República del Paraguay” was actually produced but I don’t have any pictures. A similar headstamp was used in other calibers also.

[quote=“Fede”]Ron, thank you very much.

It seems like Chile is missing from the .223 Remington list. I’ll post some pictures later.

The .50 BMG for the “Ministerio de Defensa de la República del Paraguay” was actually produced but I don’t have any pictures. A similar headstamp was used in other calibers also.[/quote]
Hi, thanks for this add, note since long long time SFM made often materials for foreigns with foreign headstamp.

Personal : Nice regards to Argentina ( my grandmother Brighenti Regina was born in Buenos aires).

Bsrg, Dan

Hi!

Yes, a very nice job…Congratulations…
I would like to interfere with my friend “Munavia”, about the “famous” (or infamous?!) MDRP contracts… They did exist, mostly in 7,62x51 NATO calibre, but I am afraid that the .50" ones were never built…The reality is quite interesting…

These cartridges were, as a matter of fact, never supposed to go to Paraguay, but in South Africa, then under strict military goods embargo!!! (this point was verified by one of my friends in Interpol who got directly in touch with the Paraguayan Government : they swore that they heard about such an order!).
(By the way, the Israelis sdeem to have also made “discret ammunition” with this spurious headstamp).

I do not know who had the bright idea to put the contract under a fake south american customer, but the story went to a premature end when two crates officially labelled “Agricultural devices” (sic!), fell from a truck when loaded in a transport plane in the London Airport freight zone, with obvious results!
The French Government was officially not aware of the project (at least, this is what they said afterwards!), and the responsible people were to be found armidst some top notches at the S.F.M…

The results were a dismissal of several of them (alas including one of my contacts within the factory, who allowed me to visit their reserves from time to time…!) and the whole affair ended in court with heavy fines and even some people in the brigs.

It is is certain that the story had been led by “amateurs”, too much interested by immediate profits to take care about what they were riskng, and as some infos probably leaked, Police and Customs authorities were almost certainly aware of the whole mess, even before it started, just awaiting the time to interfere (may be they even did help a little to open the crates , but I will not dare to adventure myself on these slippery grounds!).
The small quantities of 7,62 mm NATO leftovers found at the factory made their way to Manurhin (Mulhouse Bourtzwiller), where they were used for trials under their cartridge making machinery program.

All this may be the reason why the factory drawing about the .50’ MDRP has been so heavily corrected, with some indications (like the number) just erased. I even wonder how it was not purely destroyed, but in the S.F.M. , drawings were copied so many times that it was posssible to find some in the most unobvious parts of the premises…

So, enjoy!

Phil.

I don’t know who to credit for providing the links to these MDRP pictures. It was a post on the old forum and now just says HISTORIAN.

Anyways, here’s what the MDRP headstamps look like on the 7.62x51mm rounds.

Great job, Gentlemen!
These are precious sources of info, thanx for sharing!
Particularly, I was very pleased and excited when I saw the info about Bulgarian manufactured 5,56x45 M193.

Thank you again!

Ivo

Phil, I could be mistaken, but I think Dave Sutton (NatoDave) posted those MDRP pics.