Flobert 9mm headstamp

Hello,
anybody recognizes this headstamp? Eagle with arrows in beak and somekind of monogram in claws. Thanks!

anemon

3 Likes

I have it listed as Unknown. It is JJ in a circle below the Eagle. Only repored on 9mm Flobert so far.

1 Like

Hi Anemon.
I have it as being ‘Badishe Sprengkapsel - Zundhutchen und Munition, Durlach’ 19-10-1912.

Cheers,
Will.

2 Likes

That looks very GECO to me… This was discussed extensively before on this Forum.

1 Like

No wonder, Gustav Genschow bought the company in 1903. (Source: book by Elga Roellecke on the history of the Geco factory near Karlsruhe)

So if thinking Geco what do the “JJ” Initials represent?

1 Like

Sorry, no idea what JJ could mean. The book cited is a history of the site where the Geco factory was located. It shows no headstamps or cartridge specific inormation.

This trademark was registered on April 16, 1895 by Rheinische Zündhütchen- und Patent-Sprengkapselfabrik J. Paulus (application filled on December 28, 1894). Letters represented inside the circle are “JP”, initials of Jacob Paulus, who established this company in 1883.

In 1903 they merged with Badische Sprengkapsel-, Zündhütchen- und Munitionsfabrik E. Schreiner and formed Vereinigte Sprengkapsel- und Munitionsfabriken G.m.b.H.

Regards,

Fede

2 Likes

Thanks Fede. I trust your knowledge and research100%. But I am still not seeing a JP in the initials. It still looks like JJ to me unless the P is very scrolled…lol. jp

Curtis, I agree, it looks like a “J” but it is a very stylized “P”:

JP

5 Likes

Oh yes, the trademark picture shows it much clearer. Excellent, thanks for sharing.

Fede.
I stand corrected. Never realized it was JP. Something else new today! Thanks. I will adjust my records.
Cheers,
Will.

Hello again!
I don’t feel like littering by creating a separate post asking for the same dimension flobert case, so I’ll do it again here. Twig with flower and leaf. Thanks :slight_smile:

Greetings,

I have this headstamp listed as Georg Egestorff.

Paul

1 Like

Georg didn’t have a logo with the initials GE and an anchor?

Egestorff is correct, this is their “Buchel” trademark.

1 Like

That headstamp, for pinfires, is in RWS boxes?

Not the best picture but here is a 6mm tin with the trademark.
GE 3

Paul

1 Like

Same trademark was later owned by Dynamit-A.-G./RWS.

Is this actually even the same headstamp? Is it an acorn on the floberts? Is this even an acorn on the pinfires?