Flobert RF ctges collectors

If you collect Flobert ctges (4,5,6,7,9 mm) please contact me.

Indeed I found some very old archives files showing description of a lot of variations unknown to me and I would like to check if people have already seen them.
Thanks
JP

Hi J-P

We met at St. Louis. I collect Floberts and would be very interested in corresponding with you. We should take this off line.

Cheers,
Will Adye-White (in the membership listings for e-mail address).

[quote=“powdertin”]Hi J-P

We met at St. Louis. I collect Floberts and would be very interested in corresponding with you. We should take this off line.

Cheers,
Will Adye-White (in the membership listings for e-mail address).[/quote]

Hi Will !
Good !
We are 3 people now !
JP

350 Sharps box made for a rare 350 Sharps ctge made by SFM

Indeed 350 Sharps not being a caliber used in France, SFM made some for export or for special request.
The rounds are hstped : G
Copper base, orange paper case
JP

JP

Neat box! Did Gevelot make a 350 Sharp ball round?

Paul

[quote=“rimfire”]JP

Neat box! Did Gevelot make a 350 Sharp ball round?

Paul[/quote]
Hi paul,
Till now I don’t know, I am still sorting drawings. It is not finished.

PS : I dont understand the US people.
3, perhaps 4 people are interested in RF. The same about shotshells.
20 years ago the US people were crazy about these two fields, I remember.

Now , they prefer collect new ctges, specially the East block and Chinese ones, which are of no historical interest at my eyes because everyday there is a new loading or hstp. Something scarce today could be very common tomorrow because if a guy buys or import a full box, these ctges are good only for shooting !

And even among the “new” calibers, they are more interested by a Chinese or Russian hstp than by a very old and rare ctge of the same caliber.
For exemple I showed an Inside Aluminium linned 7.62 Mosin circa 1890.
Bof !!
Same story with 303. I posted French experimental incendiary 303 loadings, existing and very rare. Bof !!
And so on.

Strange world.
JP

JP–You keep insisting that because no one responds to your posts that there is no interest. NOT TRUE!!!

I read every post on the Forum and find your posts to be ALWAYS interesting and file away the information you provide. But, much of what you have posted is either new information or is about very rare items that it is difficult to add anything to your posts. Thus, no response. It has NOTHING TO DO WITH NO INTEREST.

Please stop assuming no one is interested.

Thank you Ron.
The fact you tell me my posts are interesting you is helpfull.
I will try to put more common rounds in the future.
JP

Hello Jean-Pierre,
I have to agree. The collecting world is a little strange as interests change.
I have found such an incredible wealth of knowledge here and I really enjoy all of the folks that post here.

I know many collectors have lost interest due to the high cost of cartridges. Others have lost interest in the IAA because they felt the focus has been on new or modern ammunition where their interest had been in the pre 1939 era.
I am a generalist and I like any information I can get my hands on, but my preference is older cartridges especially european since I don’t see too many of them here.
Please keep up your excellent posts and I look forward to your book on shotgun ammunition.

Brian Clark

JP–Please do not stop posting your great RARE stuff. I especially like the SFM Factory drawings. Nothing is better than that to document a headstamp or case type. Very few people have direct access to such information, so a GREAT BIG THANK YOU to you for posting it.

Now, if you really want to catch my attention, post information on .45 Colt (revolver–not automatic) cartridges, my personal favorite case type. Or any information of .45 or 11.4mm and larger REVOLVER case types.

OK Ron , I will try to find you interesting documents.
(You still collect big rounds and also ants ??? You like the extrems !)

JP

JP–I collect anything that goes in a gun and goes BOOM, but I have specialized in .45 and larger revolver for 40 years (See my recent post on the B/T/S Forum looking for boxes). And, although I do not collect 8 and 14 ga. shot shells, I am still working on the checklist for these gauges. I appreciate all the information you have sent me in the past for this project.

As for the ants, I am retired now and no longer get out in the field to collect, but I have over 1000 bottles of ants I still need to identify from my past trips to the Amazon and other places.

here is larger than 45 ! (the field is narrow !!)
jp

JP–Thanks for the .500 Revolver drawing. That’s great. I have the cartridge, but very glad to have the drawing for the files. Keep them coming.

British Army officers serving out in the British colonies during the 1800s frequently bought large calibre revolvers (some up to .577!) as sidearms, because the service pistols were found to be ineffective on charging native tribesmen. I believe the cartridge shown in the drawing is the .500 Boxer.

hello,
I am a rookie in this forum.I have a 6 mm Longue portee with ball loading.Can someone tell me if it has some collector value?

Welcome aboard Pivi
Just about any cartridge has some collector value.
Typically a 6mm (5.6mm) Longue Portee sells for two or three dollars. Value can vary some depending on the headstamp.

"Falcon"
To be perfectly correct, the cartridge in the drawing is not the 500 Boxer but the 500 Revolver. The 500 Boxer used the case designed by Colonel Boxer of the Royal Laboratory which had a separate iron or brass base disk held onto the case body by the primer pocket which acted as a rivet.

The primer in the drawing is the “Gaupillat” primer, patented in the 1870s (1876 in the US) and used up until around 1900.
Chris P.

I should have realised that, the primer is also not of boxer design at all. Is the Gaupillat Primer the forerunner of modern shotshell primers? It looks like a similar design. I have seen very few specimens of early (Pre-1900) British pistol ammunition, so do not know that much about it.

[quote=“rimfire”]Welcome aboard Pivi
Just about any cartridge has some collector value.
Typically a 6mm (5.6mm) Longue Portee sells for two or three dollars. Value can vary some depending on the headstamp.[/quote]

hi Paul
here is a picture of a box.
to sel or trade if you know somebody interested in.
jp