Foreign .380 (9mm corto)

This is a strange box I have that I would like to learn about. It is .380 caliber marked 9mm (corto) on the box. Box says “Empresa Nacional Santa Barbara de Industrias Militares S.A. TOLEDO” 25 cartuchos Semiblindado. Lead bullet wrapped with copper jacket, brass case, brass primer with green sealer around primer. Headstamp is “9-C SB-T 84” Does this mean anything to anyone? It is not in my area…

http://picasaweb.google.com/tonyg289/9mmCorto/photo#5155529086659669154

It is Spanish, JSP I think, made at “Empresa Nacional Santa Barbara de Industrias Militares S.A. TOLEDO” in 1984. It’s all right there on the box. Is there something more you wanted to know?

Yes,“semiblindado” means “JSP” in english

I guess I just needed to know if this is shooting ammo, or if it has any collector value. I wouldn’t want to shoot up, what another collector might need for his interests.

Shoot it up happily. Couldn’t hurt to keep the box and a round or 2 anytime you shoot something new.

That’s shooting ammo Tony. I have a similar box in .38 Special. There was tons of this available at gunshows, but I did save a box for the collection.

Thanks, now I know.