Foreign made ammo for Denmark

For EOD, who expressed an interest :-)
A small selection of boxes for various calibers and types from the last 30 years.

Soren

The 30 rd boxes look like IVI make. Did they go with the Diemaco rifle contract?

The upper right box was just one of a number of contract deliveries of blank 5,56 mm ammo for HMAK. AMA/Expal did not get their 5,56 mm machinery working before 2001 and then only for blanks. Hence the designation M/01. These were/are packed in clear foil wrappers, 10 to a stripper clip for magazine loading using the ubiqitous black plastic Thermold mag loaders.
(Unwrapping ball ammo from those wrappers are hard on your fingers btw -especially in the dark…)
Soren

Hi Soren, thanks for posting these. Just 3 hours ago I returned from Oksbol range where I’ve been watching quite some Danish ammo (also foreign made) being blown downrange (up to 155mm).

[quote=“EOD”]Hi Soren, thanks for posting these. Just 3 hours ago I returned from Oksbol range where I been watching quite some Danish ammo (also foreign made) being blown downrange (up to 155mm).[/quote]What a way to spend a monday…:-)

Soren

Soren it was sunday - just as good as on a monday :)

Sorry had just got back from work when I wrote that…
Must see if I can find some more old foreign boxes for you.
Soren

Dug out some more.
The italian one from SMI is the one with darkest print I have, most of them were so light yellow they were almost unreadable. The red tracer box from Kynoch have been shown here before. the lower right AMA box is just an example of creativety when you have changed designation but still have boxes with the old name on them.
The two green RUAG boxes upper left, have lot numbers (stamped in black) 037-T-08 and 008-T-09 respectively.
I don’t know if the .308 Swiss P is sold in retail or is LE/military only, but this one was found at Hanebjerg range after a group of SF guys had a party up there…
The lot number on the MEN police box is the highest I have found yet, 11012.
Soren

That 7.62 SMI box is weird. Not only the appearance but also the qty. is totally off the track. Any more info on these?

Not much really, only that the projectile has a GM jacket and green pa.
Haven’t shot any, so do not know how they perform.
Soren

Torben reminds me that the first AMA 5.56 production (Hs: 01) were unstable because they couldn’t get the back end squared off right so the bullet ended up having an angle at the back. Groups got too large apparently. Most of the lot were surplus’ed on the US market…
The AMA box below is from a lot where AMA used up a stock of M/75 bullets (deemed non Hague-declaration-compliant) but only had M/94 boxes to put them in. My guess is the can had a sticker (or inlay card) with a text about only shooting these on a danish range. This type of sticker also turns up at newer AMA(Expal) 5.56 mm ammo, lots from 2010 and 2011 for example.
Soren

Found a couple of boxes I didn’t have in my collection, only pictures of them:
probably from the 5,56 mm testing period in the early 90’s:

And the 9mm tracer for AT4 training:

Soren

eta: spelling

Great! The Swedish 9x19 subcaliber tracers I have seen only in white boxes so far.