France cartridges used for rifle grenade .30-06 - 7,5 MAS

Cartridges used by the France police , for firing the rifle grenade.
No headstamp’s

left to right
7,5mm MAS
7,62x51 NATO
.30-06
.30-06

Gyrojet,
I think there’s something wrong in the picture. I think that the first cartridge is a 7.62 NATO and the second one a 7.5 x 54.
The green case is longer.

Anyway, I have the same 7.5 MAS but white

How do you know they are used as a rifle grenade launcher instead of just rifle blanks? Or are they possible the same thing? I was under the assumption grenade blanks had more kick to them then just the blanks for sound effect. Vic

hello
these cartridges are for launching tear gas grenades only
cartridges for launching he and heat grenades are entirely metal and crimped

Is the white plastic round in this previous thread the same as the cartridge on the left?

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8480

Dave

The white grenade blanks have a metal sleeve inside if I recall it right. Regular blanks do not.

No, all those cartridges have a metal sleeve inside.
But for the laughing tear gas grenade cartridges, the metal sleeve is crimped and they were for L.E. use only.

The 7,62x51 is called “CARTOUCHE DE 7,62N POUR LE LANCEMENT DE GRENADES LACRYMOGENES - TYPE 69C”.

The 7,5x54 is: “CARTOUCHE DE LANCEMENT DE GRENADES LACRYMOGENE CAL. 7,5MM TYPE 69B EN MATIERE PLASTIQUE” (the word “LACRYMOGENE” was not used in the end of the 70’s and early 80’s).
In the beginning of the 70’s it was called “CARTOUCHE A BLANC LANCE-GRENADES CAL. 7,5 TYPE 69B EN MATIERE PLASTIQUE”.

The .30.06 is : “CARTOUCHE DE LANCEMENT DE GRENADE CAL. 7,62MM L TYPE 69A EN MATIERE PLASTIQUE” (the word “LACRYMOGENE” was added in the 80’s, like for the 7,5mm).

The 7,5x54 were White plastic or green. 7,5mm Green plastic were for the Police Nationale not to be confused with the 7,62mm used at the same time.
In the beginning of the 90’s, the 7.5mm 69B was replaced by an entirely metal and crimped cartridge.

Domi