Frank Hackley ill

I’m sorry to have to report that Frank Hackley, co-author of Hackley, Woodin, and Scranton’s History of Modern U.S. Military Small Arms Ammunition, Volumes I, II, and III suffered a heart attack last week. He was in the hospital for an out-patient procedure having nothing to do with his heart when the attack occurred, so he had instant emergency care. After several days in the intensive care unit, his recovery had progressed to the point where he was discharged from the hospital and returned home to complete his recovery. I’m sure he would appreciate cards or notes to him at 730 Thrasher Way, Anaheim, CA 92807.

Not good news, although thank the stars, he seems to have come out of it and is home according to Mel. Everyone, I am sure, wishes him the very best. I know cards will be appreciated.

If anyone doesn’t know, Col. Hackley was the last Commanding Officer of Frankford Arsenal, and in essence, was responsible for the monumental task of closing the arsenal. He is also a gentleman of the first order, and perhaps no one in America knows more about the ins and outs of the American military ammunition industry than does he. He has always been ready to share his information, and help others in the hobby to the best of his ability. Truly one of the “Greats” in our hobby.

Get well soon, Frank.