French All-Plastic shotshell?

I got this at SLICS and was told that it was French but the only markings on it, that I can find, are 5 * on the primer. They are faint and it took a magnifier to see them.

OK JP, what have I got?

[quote=“Shotmeister”]I got this at SLICS and was told that it was French but the only markings on it, that I can find, are 5 * on the primer. They are faint and it took a magnifier to see them.

OK JP, what have I got?[/quote]

Hello,
this one I don’t know.
In France we find some plastic ones but with a different base (flat base with a grooved circle, 12 at 3oc, 12 à 9 oc)

sorry
JP

Surely SOMEONE must have a clue about this unusual head design? I would think the 5 stars or * on the primer would spark something too but I’ve never seen anything like either.

After stareing at this shell for some time, it looked swollen in the middle, sort of pregnant-like (you can see it in the photo too) so I tried to drop it into a 12ga chamber and it would not go. The shot is clearly seen to oxidize but the swelling is around the wad. Seems to me that this plastic case is softer than I suspected it to be, not brittle like the Wanda shell.