French experimental cartridges

I am looking for information on 2 experimental cartridges (right on the picture) and on the weapons that use them

20x139 SAPHEI (for squale)
20x113 DEFA API-T (for squale)
20x122 INERT
20x126 DUMMY

Michel

The third one along is for the AME 3CG-F20 revolver cannon, one of a series of experimental aircraft weapons based on the Mauser MG 213C which were developed in France in the 1950s under the guidance of Anton Politzer, the former Mauser designer. AME stands for Atelier de Fabrication de Mulhouse. The fourth one seems to be closely related to it and is presumably from the same programme. There was also a 20x154B with the same short neck, pointed projectile appearance. That and the 20x122 are shown in a drawing in the book which I co-authored, [url=http://users.telenet.be:80/Emmanuel.Gustin/]Flying Guns

Hi Tony
I have your excellent book and I observed that the projectile of the fourth cartridge is the same as the 20x154B.
The third cartridge is headstamped 20-DCA (case and projectile). DCA means "D

It could be - I can’t say I know anything about this, all of my information on it came from Jean-Fran

The fourth one, with the red painted (red for inert) projectile belongs to the so-called FINABEL program, a joint venture between the French Belgian, Dutch and so on programs.

Philippe

[quote=“philippe regenstreif”]The fourth one, with the red painted (red for inert) projectile belongs to the so-called FINABEL program, a joint venture between the French Belgian, Dutch and so on programs.

Philippe[/quote]

Thanks Philippe

Michel