Full Boxes of old Shot Shells - what value?

Do this full boxes of old shot shells have any collector’s value, or must I shoot it out?

Yes, they have value. Please, don’t shoot collectible ammunition.

the 100 box of fourlong (2 1/2" Eley .410 and the defining round of my early teens) is a new one on me completely. That could be quite rare I would suggest. Was that an actual box of 100 or a 4x25 outer?

The other fourlong boxes are not of a style I can remember and if somebody could suggest a date for them I would be interested.

[quote=“VinceGreen”]the 100 box of fourlong (2 1/2" Eley .410 and the defining round of my early teens) is a new one on me completely. That could be quite rare I would suggest. Was that an actual box of 100 or a 4x25 outer?

The other fourlong boxes are not of a style I can remember and if somebody could suggest a date for them I would be interested.[/quote]

From the part of the label you can see of the 100 pack, I would hazard a guess that it may contain this (but I have never seen one wrapped like that, very nice) but it could be 4 x 25 boxes, you should be able to tell from feeling the wrapper.

100 Box Top

If the 25 boxes are like this on the reverse, then I would go for circa 60’s.

Mike

A couple of empty boxes and one full, but damaged box of 32 Gauge