G'day

Hi guys,

Just wanted to take the time to say g’day to everyone, and introduce myself.

I’m a security and defence industry consultant, writer, and analyst based in Perth, Western Australia. I’ve been keeping an eye on the IAA forums for some time now, but only finally getting around to signing up. I write (and co-edit) over at securityscholar.wordpress.com, amongst other places, and have a keen interest in small arms, counter-narcotics, counter-piracy, and SOF. You can also find me on twitter: twitter.com/rogueadventurer

One of my current projects is cataloguing the small arms, light weapons, and ammunition & ordnance used in the recent Libyan conflict.

I’m not a ‘serious’ collector, by any means, but I do have a small collection of military ammunition and ordnance, mostly Eastern Bloc stuff. I’m looking to expand this over the coming months.

I’m looking forward to my time here.

Nic R. Jenzen-Jones

Welcome aboard, Nic!

Jason

hello there, nice to have you on board

Vince Green

Welcome.
I collect lots of East Bloc stuff under 12.7mm. Happy to help and learn.
Had some good times in Perth and Fremantle.

[quote=“jonnyc”]Welcome.
I collect lots of East Bloc stuff under 12.7mm. Happy to help and learn.
Had some good times in Perth and Fremantle.[/quote]

Freo is a lovely place, great choice. I’ve posted up a 14.5 I’m trying to ID (think it is PRC, but not sure) in the Libyan 14.5 thread.

Saw it. Toss up between a bad 21 and a bad 71. I did not see a star in the h/s.

Hi Nic. Welcome aboard! I spent quite a few days walking about in Fremantle. The last time I was there was in 1991. We stopped for a spell after Desert Storm. Whenever we pulled in, I hooked up with an old Aussie Sailor that rented a room above the Beaconsfield Tavern. Gawd, I could not imagine the gallons of ‘that beautiful amber fluid’ (as my cohort would say!) that we consumed while swapping sea stories. He was a crew member of HMAS Canberra when she went down. Anyways, glad to have you here!

Welcome Nic!