Genkideskan

From BOCN

Guys again sorry but i bring sad news ,i have just heard that long time member Lothar Tabbert (genkideskan) has passed away,
i dont have any further information at present other than it was from natural causes.
Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends at this sad time
RIP Lothar

Really sad, RIP Lothar.

Lothar was a knowledgable, friendly, helpful member of this Forum and our collecting community.
He WILL be missed. Very sad news. Our hearts go out to his family and friends.

RIP my friend

Really sad news

He was really good friend and great cartridge collector

Sad, can’t belive this

RIP my good friend and teacher

I hope that this is not true.

Ohh, this is horribly sad new to hear! I really liked him a lot. What a great guy who knew so much and was so eager and generous to share his knowledge and extensive collection of reference materials on so many subjects (even torpedoes). He will be missed and I send out my sincere condolences to his family and friends. Really sad news!

Jason

Really sad news. I have had many very informative and helpful answers from him in the past. He will be missed.

That is sad news - I was under the impression that Lothar was only in his 40’s, or even younger?

He was last on the site Oct 28 which is about the same time that I heard no more from him in mid-business deal.

Can some of the Germans provide details and confirmation ?

It has been confirmed by European collectors that Lothar died of a heart attack and that he was only in his early 40s.

He was a GOLDMINE of reference material and got me into the digital reference world years ago.

This is a terrible loss to the universe of collectors.

I wrote an article for the JOURNAL years ago “Do they have ammunition in Heaven? If not, who the HE** wants to go?” . (paraphrasing a Gatlin Brothers song) They wouldn’t publish it.

I now know that there is ammo in Heaven. If not , why do they need experts of this caliber !