German 1943 22lr "lang f

Hi you all, I am a Spanish collector of 22 boxes and new in this great forum. I purchased some months ago several (full) boxes of the ammo in the pic posted. Boxes are in excellent condition and ammo too, one of them was not full and i fired a couple of round from my CZ75 Kadet kit to the 10 of the target at 25 meters. As I was told by the seller this ammo (and much more) was stolen in a atack of the partisans to a german convoy as his father told him.

Could anybody tell me something of this curious ammo?, I have a couple of boxes or rounds I could sell or change.

Your box was made by

Dutch: Was the ammunition produced with copper-clad steel cartridge cases identified as such on the box labels? JG

Yes copper washed, brass plated, laquered ect… and used to train all Units of the Wehrmacht, SA, SS ect.
There are Rifles in .22, training barrels for the K 98k single shot or with magazine and PAK cartridges with .22 aiming barrels for the 3,7cm and 5cm PAK. Even Panzerfaeuste converted to fire .22 Zielmunition.

Thank you Dutch, I thought this could be the reason but, what would be the reason for them in south France in 1944? who knows… maybe for the paks genkideskan mention.

I see you have several boxes of similar ammo, great collection, mine is a beginner one if compared.

Have yours the same headstamp? This is the opened box.

By a coincidence, I have a scaled down 98k in 22 lr marked 'lang f

[quote=“44RM”]Thank you Dutch, I thought this could be the reason but, what would be the reason for them in south France in 1944? who knows… maybe for the paks genkideskan mention.

I see you have several boxes of similar ammo, great collection, mine is a beginner one if compared.

Have yours the same headstamp? This is the opened box.

[/quote]

As you see it is almost the same box label
The difference is only the Lfg. (lot#) and Rate (part of a lot)

Kind regards,
Dutch

Extrage symbol Ducht, what could it be?

Dominic, it is a pitty laws don

Hi,

The small headstamp logo is a small flaming bomb,
the trade mark called ‘Bombe’, used by DWM.

From the 1936 DWM Catalogue: