German 7.9mm packaging names

According to the information I have, the names of the normal German 7.9x57mm packaging was as follows:

15 round cardboard box……………………Faltschachtel
300 round cardboard sleeve (battlepack)…Packhülse
900 round wooden case
1500 round wooden case…………………Patronenkasten 88
1500 round air-tight case…………………Luftdichter Patronenkasten

My question is what was the German name for the 900 round case?

The picture of the 900 round case lid was sent to me by someone and I neglected to make a note of who it was, so I can’t give the proper credit to him!

Very interesting as usual. The 7.9 field is endless. I like it.

Phil,

The german name is simply:
Patronenkasten 900

451kr.

451kr – Thanks for telling me what the name is. All the pictures I have seen of the 900 round labels have been of S.m.E. I haven’t actually seen a 900 round case with label here in the U.S. but they are undoubtedly out there somewhere.

I presume that the stencilled “W/O CHARGERS” (without chargers) and the English-language inspection and packaging label were added by whoever captured this box. If so it was probably not done by the US or they would have used the word “clips”.

gravelbelly

gravelbelly - I agree. It would be interesting to know what the 354 Forward Ammunition Depot was and where it was located. As near as I can tell the inspection label is dated 22 February 195(7?).

Here is another German air-tight case that has British markings (among others!!)

I’ve seen labels of Patronenkasten 900 not only with SmE, but also one with SmE-lang (1944aux12) and one sS-Anschuss (1944cg264).

Greetz

wehrmachts.kisten.free.fr/900_cart_792_2.htm

They also used a wooden case 300.

It was designed for the SmK-H.
After redrawing the cartridge from service they used the wooden case for other purposes. This example, for blank 33 rounds.

Dutch