German meeting-2011

I just returned from the Meeting of the German group of the ECRA. Excellent show. Thought I’d share some of the treasures I found there!

The top DWM proof box is full and sealed. It is probably ask * 7 41 green base proof loads (many years ago saw a similar box with these). The Ingolstadt Arsenal box was also full of the drill loads with truncated bullets (hollow jackets) headstamped J 4 11 and J 7 12. The key chain is a repro of the Snail bullet with the Libra logo impressed in the tip. Finally I found a Meppen 9mm Rocket round, one of only 4 that I know exist (if anyone has one please let me know).

Also picked up some other interesting ammo, Libra extended case blank, a new German load headstamped Top Shot 9x19 and a reloadable blank by PPU. Finally, I found a 4th headstamp style from the Kenyian Ordnance Factory. All four have shown up on fired cases reloaded in Europe!

A quick trip after SLICS, and I likely will pay with Jet Leg tonight, but well worth the trip. Best selection of German ammunition you will see at any single show. The only downside was the 5 kg weight limit for the return flight. Had to leave some of the stuff I bought for the collection in Germany, maybe for another trip. Lots of good non-9mm stuff that I would have loved to bring back for SLICS, but no way to fit it in the weight limit.

Cheers,

Lew

Lew,

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing the pictures with us. The DWM proof box is awesome!

Lew,

Good to see that the drill round box ended up in your collection. I spotted it at the last ECRA show when I had just ran out of my budget :)

I forgot to mention that another Forum member found a loaded Czech rocket with Flanges. A great item that I wish I had seen first!!!

There were also some great reference material for sale. Bernd Kessler and Tony Rauch found a copy of a 1902 DWM catalog that was apparently never published (the index is hand written). They have a very high quality copy of this catalog produced. It is an important reference for anyone interested in DWM cartridges.

They also have a bound collection of documents on the 9mm P08 cartridge dating from 1910 through 1917 that includes drawings of box labels, tools and gauges and lots of other material. It is in German so I am probably missing a lot in the book. There was also other material available.

Cheers,

Lew

Couldn’t stand it. I opened the box of DWM Berlin proof loads. They are steel case with a GM bullet. The head is painted green as you’d expect and the headstamp is “asb St 25 42”.

Cheers,
Lew

You couldn’t refrain from oepning the box because you are a real student of ammunition, not just an accumulator of it. I’m proud of you. (Here’s that nasty old guy who opens sealed boxes again). :-)