German powder

Hi!
Maybe somebody can help to find out what does German powder abbreviation Nz.Z.P mean? (Powder used in 7.92 mm Mauser grenade blanks)
Thank you!

Nz: Nitrozellulosen
Z: ? Zund/ Zundsatz (Flash) or Z? Propellant?
P: Pulver

Just an educated guess, as the other types of Powder are

Nz.Gw.Bl.P ( N. Gewehr Blattchen P == N. Rifle Flake P.)
Nz.Stb.P.P. ( N. Stabchen Pistolen P.== N. Punched (disc) Pistol P.)
Nz.Ro.Gew.P ( N. Rohren Rifle P.==N.Tubular Rifle P.)

Any others???

Best to look up a German Technical Dictionary regarding Propulsion charge, fast Burning Powder, etc. or even Erlenmier, Brandt and Windisch on the Patrone 7,9 (in German).

Regards,
Doc AV
AV Ballistics.

[quote=“Yuri”]Hi!
Maybe somebody can help to find out what does German powder abbreviation Nz.Z.P mean? (Powder used in 7.92 mm Mauser grenade blanks)
Thank you![/quote]

The first „Treiber“ in 1914 was loaded with 3,75 gram Versuchs Geschütz Blättchen Pulver #277

Now I have a problem with yuri’s question.
Unfortunately, I have never seen a Nz. Z. P. marking. Normally the powder on the label called Nz.T.P. “Nitrocellulose Treib Pulver”

Rgds,
Dutch

I haven’t found any reference to a Nz.Z.P, but have found these other powders:

Nz.Gew.P (Nitrozellulose Gewehrpulver)
Nz.St.P (Nitrozellulose Staubpulver)(finely granulated)
Nz.Stb.P (Nitrozellulose Stäbchenpulver) This is for pistols but is a strip propellant.
Nz.N.P (Nitrozellulose Nudelpulver), chopped cord, maybe for artillery.
Nz.R.P (Nitrozellulose Röhrenpulver)
Nz.SP (Nitrozellulose-Schwarzpulver) (black powder bound by colloided NC)
Np.Gew.P (Nitropenta Gewehrpulver)(a double base PETN and NC powder)

Schneider.

<
Z is in fact the abb. for Zuender - so it is an Zünder Pulver ( igniter powder )
This was an offensive powder used in bigger cartridges. It was filled in a small pad
and placed over the primer pocket to ignite the main load - mostly powder sticks.
Afaik the smallest cartridge using this was the 2cm Flak 30/ 38.

This powder might be good for SA propelling cartridges - may be it was simply availabel.

Hi!
I’m sorry of delay with answer. Thank you very much! It seems it was a typo (this abbreviation was spot in this book). Looks like T in this abbreviation mean powder’s shape?

Maybe somebody can help to find out what kind of powder was used in Patrone G to fire GG/P 40? And what kind of powder was used in Treibpatrone 318?

Yuri,
There was a original label post of the treiber318 on this forum.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6702&p=46771&hilit=318#p46771

The G cartridges is a very rare one , and I don`t know of there is any collector with this cartridge in his collection.

451kr.