German weapons and ammo

greyfalcon.us/Weapons.htm

Lew Curtis - in case you didn’t see this website or watch the whole thing, towards the end are some pictures of 9 mm German rockets of varying length, and also some drawings that appear to be official-type drawings of one of the rocket cartridges. Know these are a special interest with you.

My personal favorite in that slide show has to be the “donkeyfaust” rig.

DK - while it is pretty well considered that I am a “Jackass,” I would hate to be that particular
donkey, with a Panzerfaust going off between my ears. I saw a picture once of a German Cavalryman in training. He had his horse down on its belly, but upright, and was resting a 7.9 Mauser on its head, right between its ears, aiming it! Ouch!

JP, Great material, thanks!!! Some really wild weapons. The 22mm multibarrel weapon is interesting. I wonder if any of th cartridges have ever been found?

John, Thanks for pointing out the 9mm Rocket info. The first sketch is in the Woodin Lab, provided by a German Researcher who told Bill that he had found reference to these two. Unfortunately, he is dead and his records are locked up—long story. Photo is of DWM style rockets that are in the Woodin Lab collection. The last two drawings are of the two rockets that Ing. Kaultmann use to have that he found in a German facility after the war. The long one is in the Woodin Lab and the short one is in my collection. Both are probably Polte products.

Cheers,

Lew

Yes, ammo for the LUFTFAUST has survived. I sold mine to Woodin Lab some years back and I think he has others as well.

Most of this material is published in several references. Two new ones for me are;

1. 5mm Emergency pocket pistol
  2. 7.75mm M35 rifle

What do they shoot ?

Very interesting array! The tank gun identified as an MG42 is of course an MG34 with an armored barrel. Some really odd stuff to be sure. JH

The pics which interested me the most were of the EW 141 in a light tank turret, something I’d not seen before. This was a semi-auto heavy-barrel gun which fired the 7.92x94 anti-tank rifle round.

Does anyone have further information on this anti-tank rifle, listed as the Pzb-41? If it was trialed, or accepted into service by Germany there ought to be instruction manuals or user protocols. Similarly, is there any information from the manufacturer?

Are there any other pictures of the ammunition and cartridge clip?

Happy collecting, Peter

[quote=“enfield56”]Does anyone have further information on this anti-tank rifle, listed as the Pzb-41? If it was trialed, or accepted into service by Germany there ought to be instruction manuals or user protocols. Similarly, is there any information from the manufacturer?
[/quote]
This photo appeared on this forum and was discussed some years ago. I couldn’t find the thread, but this brief report appeared in the September 2007 issue of the ECRA Bulletin (item 509-7):

The photo shows an experimental Czech anti-tank round: one of several variations. Data provided to the IAA discussion forum indicates that the case was in two parts, the base being made from steel. The following dimensions were given:
Rim - 18.06 mm
Base - 17.96 mm
Neck - 9.0 mm
Steel head length - 22.1 mm
Length to shoulder - 101.5 mm
Neck Length - c.10 mm
Case Length - 145.1 mm

Hi collectors,
I attached a photo of 7,92 x 145 experimental cartridges from colletion.

Are these reproductions ?

Yes, they are copies…

[quote=“DrSchmittCSAEOD”]Yes, ammo for the LUFTFAUST has survived. I sold mine to Woodin Lab some years back and I think he has others as well.

Most of this material is published in several references. Two new ones for me are;

1. 5mm Emergency pocket pistol
  2. 7.75mm M35 rifle

What do they shoot ?[/quote]

1. hello, the 5mm socalled emergency pistol must by a mere of someone…it actually shows a civilian pistol from the WW1 timeframe firing a 5mm Clement cartridge…not powerfull at all and resembling very close some other belgian made pistols of that caliber…
  2. thats the Vollmer developed Semi and Fullauto-rifle M35, it fires the now well known Geco M35 headstamped rounds…which cames to the sunlight after the grounds of Kummersdorf and other sites in former East-germany where open for the “diggers”

Forensic

I have seen the 7.92x145mms in the Woodin Lab collection. About 6 years ago, I saw similiar cases changing ownership at the Czech meeting but one was in 20mm and the other in 15mm I believe but it could have been 13mm. I have not seen either since, but if one or the Forum members knows where they are in the Czech or Slovak Republics, a photo would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Lew

I am reviving this old thread in hopes of getting pictures of this cartridge reposted. I would very much like to see them.
Zac

Wayback link to the missing webpage

https://archive.org/details/tractors-29177010-Encyclopedia-of-Weapons-of-World-War-II

thank you