Gevelot made in Canada catalogue

I am looking for scans of Gevelot Canada catalogue
thanks
JP

Has somebody shotshells with hstp : Gevelot Canada ?
If yes, what are the marks on the tube (no picture needed, only the words)
thanks
jp

j-p
Do you want paper or plastic or both? I have some with hs “Canada” but made in France.

[quote=“Dick”]j-p
Do you want paper or plastic or both? I have some with hs “Canada” but made in France.[/quote]

Hi Dick,
Both please because I still don’t know the logical way how these ctges look like

What I know is peanuts !
Gevelot factory in Canada started in 1961 in Saskatoon and closed in 1973
I think they only loaded shotshells, the different parts coming from France.
Therefore the logical way would be to have hstp : “12 Gevelot 12 Canada” for example, and on the tube a picture with “made in France”

Is it correct ???
JP

Hi JP,
I had a good look at what I have in paper cases.

1. yellow case with Canadian Skeet printed on it.
  2. Yellow case with Olympic Hi-Vel printed on it.
  3. Green case with Olympic printed on it.
    All have the gevelot canada headstamp. But there is no such thing as ‘made in france’ on them.
    I used to have some plastic cases also but I stopped collecting plastic and gave them to a good friend.
    Regards ren

“I think they only loaded shotshells, the different parts coming from France.”

I do wonder about that . Many years ago I had a chance to buy a 100 lb. drum of Nobel RP-15 rifle powder that had been bought when the Gevelot Canada opperation in Saskatoon closed .

Unfortunately I had mentioned this powder deal to some people at the time and one bought it all for himself.

I will ask a friend who lives in Saskatoon now to see if he can find out more.

Glenn

JP
Glenn is right,I think all the components were eventually made in Canada.I also think at least some of it came from CIL.The .410 apparently were completely made by CIL. I have lost all my catalogues. I will be away for a while.
Dick.

Not Canadian made but quite interesting I thought…

Large original Gevelot cartridge and paper shell display with a hardwood frame, and glass front measures 24

this board was made for the export office in september 1950; two versions exist the first one is still bearing the name soci