Glenn Jackson RIP

I have learned that one of our long time members passed away recently. Glenn Jackson, who we knew as “Stonewall” died at his home in Calgary AB after a short battle with cancer.

Glenn had a lifelong interest in firearms and shooting which we shared years before joining IAA. He was one of the most generous people I have ever met.

I spoke with his brother this evening and he asked that we keep him in our thoughts. I know that I will.

Ray

Sorry to hear, I corresponded with him without ever meeting in person.

Just received this from Glenn’s brother Peter Jackson.

[i]Glenn Jackson of Calgary, Alberta passed away October 24, 2014 at the age of sixty-five years. Glenn was born and raised in the province of Quebec and moved to Alberta in his twenties to work in the oilfield. He was a gunsmith for many years which led him to a close association with the shooting community in Calgary. Glenn had a lifelong interest in firearms as well as an encyclopaedic knowledge of everything related. He was a generous and gregarious man which led him to know people in all walks of life. Glenn leaves behind a loving brother as well as many friends and acquaintances made over the years. Glenn was known as Stonewall to his friends. Take a breath and look around you at the world in all its natural beauty. Have a good thought for Stonewall today. Enjoy life and remember the man well.[/i]